Tom Gordon

Chicagoislife_2003

I think Flash has looked good all year, the only problem has been his control.

He appears to be healthy and looks good, he just needs to start spotting his pitches.

I Tend to agree. Flash has been sharp, but to me has been a tough luck pitcher. He's thrown some good pitches and they just get hits and when thats over a few games, it will inflate your numbers, but over a full season, when you make good pitches you get guys out.

Flash got his ass saved by Aaron today

aaron better be doing it with the glove or he would totally worthless

If he doesn't get it going with the bat(which I do personally think he will), we'll see Borchard this year.

Rios will get a shot at first, but yes, if Borchard keeps hitting the ball hard in AAA, then he will be up very quickly. I think Aaron has to know this.

Yesterday was the best that I think Gordon has looked all year.  All his pitches seemed to be working for him.

He still made it interesting though. If he doesn't start to improve consistently, I will have to revert to calling him "Flush" from his days with the Assholes on Addison.

now why are your ripping on Aaron?

Maybe because Aaron, like half of our offense, has sucked ass!

Aaron knows is required is a big league player and he knows who is in the minors. He'll come around.

Ripping into our own always kind of bothers me though. It should be saved for the real assholes - the Claytons (in your opinion and 80% of the world's) and the Navarros and such, not for Rowand. He'll be fine.

I think Rowand is too busy looking over his shoulder at what guys like Rios and Borchard are doing. I think Aaron is an ideal 4th OFer, and not much of a starter in CF. Nothing against Aaron, becuase I love the way he plays the game. If Lee played the game the way Aaron does every night, we'd be talking about Lee as one of the top 10 OFers in the game. But Aaron just isn't that talented. And I really have got to figure by the All-star break he will be back on the bench.