a perfect example of why

baggio202

carlos has played errorless baseball in the field that is.

and for his bat it will come around he might want to go see if he needes glasses though.

be funny if all it was with carlos was he was a rick vaughn from major league :lol:

I didn't know that glasses could fix stupid and lazy.

carlos has played errorless baseball in the field that is.

and for his bat it will come around he might want to go see if he needes glasses though.

Errors are meaningless.... Though I haven't watched every game on TV this season (I think I've missed 2 games completely (Mark vs. Detroit, Jon vs. Cleveland), and a couple innings of 2 more, Carlos has not really impressed with is "improved defense.

Borchard could come up here... Strike out as much as CLee and look slightly less stupid in the outfield.

errors are not meaningless at all, not in any way, shape or form.

There are ways to play error free, but that does not mean at all in any way that logically errors are meaningless.

I haven't seen enough of CLee yet to determine if he has improved this year defensively as much as has prior seasons.

Still too soon for Borchard. We'll see him. I don't think that "Strike out as much as CLee and look slightly less stupid in the outfield" are the grounds for which I want to call anyone up, nor the standard that I wish to set for a player that I think will be outstanding when he does get here.

I'm kind of split right in between doub and cw

Errors are not meaningless....but they are not that important, IMO. Range and arm stength are important on defense, unless you are a 1Bman. Then you only need good range and you need to be good with a glove.

The perfect fielder is one who has good range, a strong arm, and a good glove....Ozzie Smith, Omar Vizquel, Ozzie Guillen(all names start with 'O')....etc. I haven't seen Jason Dellaero play....but I think he is the same way. But, if I had to choose between a guy who has good range and a strong arm and a guy who has a good glove and a strong arm....I'd choose the one with good range. For every ball they boot, the player with a good glove will let two get by.....atleast.

That is why I like Jose Valentin in the field opposed to Royce Clayton....though Clayton doesn't have much of an arm either. Jose has range and a strong(but sometimes inaccurate) arm...but a terrible glove. He will still make 95% of the plays.