Question

Palehosefan

Here's the thing, my sister and her two children are all sick with the flu. They are supposed to come visit us in 4 days. They got the medicine for the kids and my sis to take, but my brother in law said today that my 4 year old neice is taking the medicine, but that my 7 year old neice isn't taking it. Asked why not, "because its her choice. "

Am I wrong for thinking thats absolutely ridiculous that they are giving the choice to their 7 year old daughter whether to take flu medicine or not? I'm just pissed because now my 7 year old neice will most likely still be feeling crappy and they will have to cancel the trip, when we only get to see them twice a year as it is.

Thats the bad thing, they are both brilliant and the child is showing every sign of brilliance at an early age. They are giving her too much leeway due to her early maturity. I don't want to tell them how to raise their kids, because I don't have any experience in that either, but I want to see them and I don't want everyone here getting sick as ss2k pointed out. I just can't fathom giving that decision to a 7 year old, no matter how mature she is.