George Offman hypes Pablo Ozuna and B-Mac

Jabroni

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 03:06 AM)
Well, to be quite honest, I think even Jesus would get a little rattled after Gonzalez's stone hands booted that taylor-made DP ball.

He choked big time. Didn't he lead the national league in fielding percentage? I know he was up there at least.

Edited by qwerty

I noticed Ozuna missed all of 2001, right after he had killed in AA in 2000. Yet he came back in 2002 to hit .326 in AAA. He looks like he's had some bad timing.

Ozuna might not be a starter [hopefully that won't even need to be considered]. Yet he seems well suited for the UTL role

I don't know whether to believe Guillen or not but he says Ozuna has "a good chance" to make the team, and that it depends on what they do with pitching.

Personally I think this is just a smokescreen. Unless something drastic happens in the next week or someone gets hurt, it's hard to fathom Ozuna not coming north. He has been phenomenal this spring.

I thought for sure they'd put Harris in again at SS. Guillen said he'd get one more start in a "B" game.

Interesting to note that if either Burke and/or Ozuna are somehow being considered, both would have to be added to the 40 man.

I still smell a trade, there are a few fringe parts that don't fit.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 25, 2005 -> 07:42 AM)
I don't know whether to believe Guillen or not but he says Ozuna has "a good chance" to make the team, and that it depends on what they do with pitching.

Personally I think this is just a smokescreen.  Unless something drastic happens in the next week or someone gets hurt, it's hard to fathom Ozuna not coming north. He has been phenomenal this spring.

I thought for sure they'd put Harris in again at SS.  Guillen said he'd get one more start in a "B" game.

Interesting to note that if either Burke and/or Ozuna are somehow being considered, both would have to be added to the 40 man.

I still smell a trade, there are a few fringe parts that don't fit.

Of course its a smokescreen. He's not going to announce something before he has to make a definitive decision. Can't blame him.