Religous Stuff

cwsox

Thigpen was awesome in 1990 and it was so sad that he lost it after that.

I pray he does well and recovers.

you pray for to much stuff, if there is a god dont you think he is getting tired of you praying for to much stuff. i hope you atleast say your thankful for what you have.

never had anyone take on my prayer habits before - when I figure out what yu are really saying here I may or may not reply - but now I can pray for you too!

;)

Thigpen was awesome in 1990 and it was so sad that he lost it after that.

I pray he does well and recovers.

you pray for to much stuff, if there is a god dont you think he is getting tired of you praying for to much stuff. i hope you atleast say your thankful for what you have.

never had anyone take on my prayer habits before - when I figure out what yu are really saying here I may or may not reply - but now I can pray for you too!

;)

you know what i am saying its fine you pray. i give you credit for having so much faith in a book. I on the other hand need to see a little proof. if there is a god how come the world is so f***ed up?

i give you credit for having so much faith in a book. I on the other hand need to see a little proof. if there is a god how come the world is so f***ed up?

I don't have faith in a book -

and I have a very stormy and tumultous relationship with God -

but the answer to why the world is f***ed up is people.

i give you credit for having so much faith in a book. I on the other hand need to see a little proof. if there is a god how come the world is so f***ed up?

but the answer is why the world is f***ed up is people.

but he has so much power and he is so good why let so many inocent people die all the time? o yea thats right he must not care that much.

but the answer to why the world is f***ed up is people.

you dont read the bible so where are you basing your god beliefs in?

I never said I didn't read the Bible, which to em the authority for the faith and life of the church. I just don't have faith in the Bible the way you expressed it - my faith is God who is in part revealed and speaks to us in the Scriptures.

We are getting far afield of the topic of Thiggy - this could be a great off topic thread but it will not be anything simple or easy -

but also know that I have no problems with those who do not believe at all or believe differently than I - everyone can only act on their own life experiences and many people have had bad experiences with the Church and its people - it is safe to say that I believe despite a lot of experiences I have had with the Church and with church people - and it come down that I believe just because my life experience says that is what is. If other people do not share that, that is cool! I am usually far more comfortable with "non church" people anyway because churchy people can be real pains in the ass.

Whatever you do now or through life, act on what feels right and makes sense to you deep within your self. Never buy what somewhat else is trying to sell. It is real for you, or it is not, and if you have far more questions than answers - so do we all. Life is for learning. A lot of my questions that I had at your age are answered, eventually in time. But a whole new other host of questions have arisen. It never gets easy. Life always sucks (book of Ecclesiastes). It is the coping with all the s*** in life that makes life the challenge and determines our happiness or lack thereof.

I never said I didn't read the Bible, which to em the authority for the faith and life of the church.  I just don't have faith in the Bible the way you expressed it - my faith is God who is in part revealed and speaks to us in the Scriptures.

We are getting far afield of the topic of Thiggy -  this could be a great off topic thread but it will not be anything simple or easy -

but also know that I have no problems with those who do not believe at all or believe differently than I - everyone can only act on their own life experiences and many people have had bad experiences with the Church and its people - it is safe to say that I believe despite a lot of experiences I have had with the Church and with church people - and it come down that I believe just because my life experience says that is what is.  If other people do not share that, that is cool!  I am usually far more comfortable with "non church" people anyway because churchy people can be real pains in the ass.

Whatever you do now or through life, act on what feels right and makes sense to you deep within your self.  Never buy what somewhat else is trying to sell.  It is real for you, or it is not, and if you have far more questions than answers - so do we all.  Life is for learning.  A lot of my questions that I had at your age are answered, eventually in time.  But a whole new other host of questions have arisen.  It never gets easy.  Life always sucks (book of Ecclesiastes).  It is the coping with all the s*** in life that makes life the challenge and determines our happiness or lack thereof.

let me guess your a morman? witch is fine i was raised a morman until 3rd grade. and i still have those damn misionairys stalking me.

I never said I didn't read the Bible, which to em the authority for the faith and life of the church.  I just don't have faith in the Bible the way you expressed it - my faith is God who is in part revealed and speaks to us in the Scriptures.

We are getting far afield of the topic of Thiggy -  this could be a great off topic thread but it will not be anything simple or easy -

but also know that I have no problems with those who do not believe at all or believe differently than I - everyone can only act on their own life experiences and many people have had bad experiences with the Church and its people - it is safe to say that I believe despite a lot of experiences I have had with the Church and with church people - and it come down that I believe just because my life experience says that is what is.  If other people do not share that, that is cool!  I am usually far more comfortable with "non church" people anyway because churchy people can be real pains in the ass.

Whatever you do now or through life, act on what feels right and makes sense to you deep within your self.  Never buy what somewhat else is trying to sell.  It is real for you, or it is not, and if you have far more questions than answers - so do we all.  Life is for learning.  A lot of my questions that I had at your age are answered, eventually in time.  But a whole new other host of questions have arisen.  It never gets easy.  Life always sucks (book of Ecclesiastes).  It is the coping with all the s*** in life that makes life the challenge and determines our happiness or lack thereof.

im not trying to make fun of you because you belive in god just trying to understand a little bit. most people i know that go to church annoy the f*** out of me, because everything is god that or god this, john 3:16 that.

most people i know that go to church annoy the f*** out of me, because everything is god that or god this, john 3:16 that.

I am 100% with you on that.

just tell you are practiing Wiccan and will cast a spell to shrivel their sex organs if they annoy you one more time.

Real people of faith you will know without them ever saying a word. Living, not annoying others with incessant "are you saved" and "where you spend eternity" is the real thing that speaks.

most people i know that go to church annoy the f*** out of me, because everything is god that or god this, john 3:16 that.

just tell you are practiing Wiccan and will cast a spell to shrivel their sex organs if they annoy you one more time.

Real people of faith you will know without them ever saying a word. Living, not annoying others with incessant "are you saved" and "where you spend eternity" is the real thing that speaks.

i belive in a higher power i just dont know what it is, its kind of a scary thought.

Life is long and life is for learning.

But whatever is out there should not be scary. It should be affirming. There si enough scary s*** in life without having what is beyond us be more of the same. Reject anything that operates on a fear basis.

But whatever is out there should not be scary.  It should be affirming.  There si enough scary s*** in life without having what is beyond us be more of the same.  Reject anything that operates on a fear basis.

that is the only thing im scared of im not scared of anything that happens in life, i know i will be just fine because i can take care of myself.

But whatever is out there should not be scary.  It should be affirming.  There si enough scary s*** in life without having what is beyond us be more of the same.  Reject anything that operates on a fear basis.

that is the only thing im scared of im not scared of anything that happens in life, i know i will be just fine because i can take care of myself.

trust me, what happens, whatever happens, when this life is over, is going to be a damn site better than this - even if it is nothingness at least the f***ing up and paid will be over - and if it is in some eternal place of being with in relationship with God - all good.

Hell does not exist. Not Biblical, not theological, just a scare tactic to make people believe.

The promise is that the life to come will be good. That is what I rely on.

trust me, what happens, whatever happens, when this life is over, is going to be a damn site better than this - even if it is nothingness at least the f***ing up and paid will be over - and if it is in some eternal place of being with in relationship with God - all good.

Hell does not exist. Not Biblical, not theological, just a scare tactic to make people believe.

The promise is that the life to come will be good. That is what I rely on.

thats alot of faith you have there.

people who practice wicca don't cast spells.

At my age I shouldn't let message boards get to me in any way shape or form. All I have to say for those of you that are young and idealistic and can't understand all this pain and suffering in the world don't look for a miracle or a burning bush or something like that. But if you're patient and persistent you will find some answers. CW for whatever its worth I'm with you on this one. Keep praying according to the dictates of your heart and mind.

people who practice wicca don't cast spells.

the people he will trying to get rid of won't know that! :lol:

If you believe that God makes everything happen for a reason, the world doesn't seem so f***ed up, maybe the biggest tragedy in someway is something that we can learn from and make the world a better place. The fact that the world is f***ed up shouldn't cause us to turn our backs to God, it should just make us get closer so we can help heal the world...I don't have much practice preaching, but hopefully I got my point across.

I'm not very religious, but if everyone lived by gods rules this world would be a much better place.

Of course some people don't and there isn't anything you could do about it. Nowhere have I read where god controls our lifes or anything like that, we control our lives and you hope that he can help you or at least thats my take.

I'm not very religious, but if everyone lived by gods rules this world would be a much better place.

Of course some people don't and there isn't anything you could do about it.  Nowhere have I read where god controls our lifes or anything like that, we control our lives and you hope that he can help you or at least thats my take.

that goes in line with god giving us free will to either believe and follow him or to turn our backs on him...its our choice...he gave us freedom to make that choice so when we screw up the world we probably shouldnt blame god :huh:

i also thin k that somewhat answers the question aboiut if there is a god then why does he let all these bad things happen

but thats just my take from what ive studied..and i dont claim to be a biblical scholar...so if others disagree thats fine..im not challenging anyone's beliefs