Illinois

Think about it, how often has Illinois really been a player on the national level? We've got two Final Fours and one Elite Eight in 16 years, that doesn't really compare when the major programs get interested in a prospect. They've only started to put something consistent together recently. Plus as Southsider said, the coaching is big. Our best recruiting classes came at the end of Lon Kruger's tenure and at the end of Bill Self's tenure. If Webber sticks around a while and they have more deep runs in the tournament they'll do fine, but until then they're not going to have a very high success rate on the really good players in state.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 12, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
Yeah, technically he was "considering them"...but it's been down to duke and illinois for quite some time now

Well he visited Arizona over our Spring break which was a couple weeks ago so he finally was able to narrow it down to those 2. I'm pretty confident that he will go to Duke.

I hope the NBA puts in that new rule about age.. I think that would make more top prospects look at it this way..

I can go to Duke or UNC and sit behind a group of All American recruits or I could go to Illinois and contribute in a big way right away..

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
Trib is reporting that Scheyer has not dropped Arizona from his list of potential schools, and that some one was reporting what he said in a joke.

The finalists are Illinois, Duke, and Arizona... Wisconson is out.

Yeah, it was Mike North who was doing the reporting and Jon Scheyer told him to correct it and say that Arizona is still in the running, but they really aren't. I see him going to Duke. He'll be their Reddick of the next 4 years.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Apr 16, 2005 -> 05:21 PM)
Any more news on Brandon Rush?

Also, where's the Illini Basketball message board?

Brandon Rush has limited it to two teams. The Illini and Oklahoma. He's still leaning towards the NBA if he's a 1st rounder(which I think he would be). For college he said right now that he's leaning towards Illinois and he's been talking for them for a while.

Illiniboard.com I think has a main message board.