Sin City

Brian

some small spoilers in this biatch

Wow just watched it, damn rights Mickey Rourke is the star of the film. Incredible performance and great film. This movie slits the throat of all other comic books movie and s***s down the gullet! This is the kind of s*** I feel privileged to view. Benicio Del Toro, Josh Hartnett, Clive Owen, Alexis Bledel, Powers Boothe, and Elijah Wood absolutely dominated their parts. Tommy Flanagan, Nicky Katt and Frank Miller were great surprises and the others didn't really disapoint.

Rodriguez best film and maybe better than From Dusk Til Dawn, finally he got his act together after all the other crap he's made. Could it be coincidence that both his great movies had huge influence from Tarantino. Meanwhile while we're talking about Tarantino that was a great scene he directed with pez boy Rafferty, twisted and creative as always.

Anyways, enough slurping there are a bunch of flaws.

-For one the movie loses a lot of pace after the first story. Clive Owen and Bruce Willis, now matter how good couldn't quite keep up after Mickey but they were still good.

-Special Effects were a little weird at times

-The blood line was cut? Senator Roarke didn't look too old to have another kid, hell they were able to grow his son a wanker they could've figured out something for him.

-Why didn't Hartigan get revenge on Bob (Madsen), sure he was a policeman and had protection and he would have been screwed again if he had, but he killed himself anyways. He should've hunted him down first. But I guess that's just my violent side.

-Anyone ever hear the word 'Yeesh' used twice in movie? ... neither have I

------

Carla Cugino and Alexis Bledel are hotter than Jessica Alba. IMO

Well there's my Sin City smorgasbord, if you like being entertained get down to Basin City and check out Sin City.

P.S. anyone else think that Bruce Willis was taking a shot at Demi and Ashton when he talking of hooking up with Nancy said "there's the worst and the worst and then there's this"?

9/10 :headbang

...inserting into my top 20 films of all time

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
Just got back from seeing it, great show. I agree,Rourke stole the show, great performance. Only part I didnt get was the very last scene with Josh Hartnett.....

He was a hitman, he whacked her. What's to get?

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 08:06 AM)
He was a hitman, he whacked her.  What's to get?

Exactly. I had to explain this to two people I saw the movie with. I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Anyways, pretty good analysis on your part as far as the movie goes. I just might have to disagree with you on the Jessica Alba thing. Other than that, I loved the movie and can't wait until it is out on DVD :cheers