Yucca Mountain employees lie to ensure project

KipWellsFan

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7361346/

The Associated Press

Updated: 8:09 p.m. ET April 1, 2005WASHINGTON - E-mails by several government scientists on the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump project suggest workers were planning to fabricate records and manipulate results to ensure outcomes that would help the project move forward.

“I don’t have a clue when these programs were installed. So I’ve made up the dates and names,” wrote a U.S. Geological Survey employee in one e-mail released Friday by a congressional committee investigating suspected document falsification on the project.

“This is as good as it’s going to get. If they need more proof, I will be happy to make up more stuff.”

In another message the same employee wrote to a colleague: “In the end I keep track of 2 sets of files, the ones that will keep QA happy and the ones that were actually used.” QA apparently refers to “quality assurance.”

“Science by peer pressure is dangerous but sometime (sic) it is necessary,” says one message, by a second scientist at the geological survey.

Your country is f***ed up enough that you don't need to keep coming on here posting crap about America. At least you didn't but that stupid p instead of the o.

Mad cow problems

http://www.canada.com/news/oddities/story....84-dcec6a57d82e

Possible Liberal party corruption

http://www.canada.com/news/national/story....fc-be57449d20bc

and

http://www.canada.com/news/national/story....15-a3545b0912fd

BIG problems in Canada's dealings with Kyoto.

http://www.canada.com/news/national/story....e2-7298b34d6401

I love this paragraph:

"Under the Kyoto treaty, Canada's average greenhouse emissions during the period 2008-2012 must be six per cent lower than levels in 1990. Currently emissions are at least 20 per cent higher than they were in 1990."

A groundbreaking report on the Canadian health care wait times was just released.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...5/03/c1554.html

student protests in Quebec

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/internat...9&partner=TOPIX

Big problems with Canada's mutual fund industry

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ol&sid=81587690

Canada's top tax collector trying to force people to file their taxes online to get a timely refund

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ol&sid=81587690

And, of couse, the seal bashing party

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...nt&sid=81587690

A Serial killer! In Canada!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ce&sid=81587690

Give it a f***ing rest. :finger

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
And nobody wants to hear about American problems from a Canadian.  So again, shut up.

You and BigHurt act as thought I spam the boards with this stuff. If you review the last few pages of Sex, Lies and Politics I don't start threads that often, and contrary to popular believe they are never anti-american (criticizing or noting a problem isn't anti-anything).

If anything you are the one who needs to shut up. If you have anything to add to the thread please do, but what you are doing now is pointless and to quote my good friend bighurt 'tactless'. I've been here forever and I'm not going to stop posting all of a sudden, because I won't let muzzling the opposition become commonplace.

Edited by KipWellsFan

quote=KipWellsFan,Apr 4, 2005 -> 02:11 AM]

You and BigHurt act as thought I spam the boards with this stuff. If you review the last few pages of Sex, Lies and Politics I don't start threads that often, and contrary to popular believe they are never anti-american (criticizing or noting a problem isn't anti-anything).

If anything you are the one who needs to shut up. If you have anything to add to the thread please do, but what you are doing now is pointless and to quote my good friend bighurt 'tactless'. I've been here forever and I'm not going to stop posting all of a sudden, because I won't let muzzling the opposition become commonplace.

It's called bias, you dumbass. And I am exercising my free speech right to tell you that I think you are an ass, and I feel personally offended that an outsider like you constantly criticizes the US. "I'm just posting information". BULLs***! You must troll CNN, Yahoo News and all these others just looking for crap to post. Are you just a post-whore, trying to get your post count up? Don't start threads that often? In the last 2 weeks, I have 8 that have topics that seem just a little bit on the negative side. Oh, wait, you are just 'noting' a problem. You started posts on:

Iraq inten 'dead wrong'

59 ex-us diplomats oppose Bolton

No proof Anan knew of Deal Bid

HS shooting in Red Lake, MN

Sanctions preferred in Oil for Food corruption

US Army releases details in 27 detainee deaths

20 amazing facts about voting in the US,

and, of course, this thread.

SHUT UP you whiny little Canadian prick. And yes, my replies are very tactless, and to the point, so maybe it can get thru your touque and into that syrup-addled brain of your that alot of people here are sick of your constant US bashing. And despite the anticipated defense you will now get from 3 or 4 posters, there are many here that want to say exactally what I did, but maybe have a bit more tact.

:chair

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
It's called bias, you dumbass. And I am exercising my free speech right to tell you that I think you are an ass, and I feel personally offended that an outsider like you constantly criticizes the US.  "I'm just posting information".  BULLs***!  You must troll CNN, Yahoo News and all these others just looking for crap to post.  Are you just a post-whore, trying to get your post count up?  Don't start threads that often?  In the last 2 weeks, I have 8 that have topics that seem just a little bit on the negative side.  Oh, wait, you are just 'noting' a problem.  You started posts on:

Iraq inten 'dead wrong'

59 ex-us diplomats oppose Bolton

No proof Anan knew of Deal Bid

HS shooting in Red Lake, MN

Sanctions preferred in Oil for Food corruption

US Army releases details in 27 detainee deaths

20 amazing facts about voting in the US,

and, of course, this thread.

SHUT UP you whiny little Canadian prick.  And yes, my replies are very tactless, and to the point, so maybe it can get thru your touque and into that syrup-addled brain of your that alot of people here are sick of your constant US bashing. And despite the anticipated defense you will now get from 3 or 4 posters, there are many here that want to say exactally what I did, but maybe have a bit more tact.

:chair

:cheers :usa

I think I'll go over to a Real Madrid message board and criticize Spanish domestic and foreign policy until I develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. And when they criticize my overt anti-Spanish bias and general lack of tact, I'll call them fascist pigs who oppose my right to free speech. I'm sure that my behavior will reflect well on my fellow Americans. :rolly

I'm at a loss for words. I think for the first time in my approximate 3-4 years hear my feelings have actually been hurt on a message board, how pathetic. Maybe I'll alter my ways but probably not, and if the administrators really think I'm doing something wrong here ban me. But first let me try to wrap my arms around this.

I'm Canadian so I shouldn't post regulary anything that's in ANY way damaging to ANY area, sector, industy or any f***ing group in the United States. But if I was an American it would be okay on a basis that I'm a citizen? What happened to the Global village that the United States is so obviously the leader of in championing with Globalization and border transparency?

I don't even know what to say other than this is f***ed, and I'm probably going to continue to post articles that I find interesting. Be it as it may that the articles I find more interesting and more debateable could be viewed as anti-american or whatever other keyword so-called 'patriots' are always using to describe a dissenter.

I understand getting angry, so please debate what I write and post, and if you can't do that, ban me or f*** off!

[

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 04:32 AM)
I'm Canadian so I shouldn't post regulary anything that's in ANY way damaging to ANY area, sector, industy or any f***ing group in the United States.

Leave it to you to be so f***ing literal and absolute. Did anyone ever mention banning? Did I ever say to stop posting ENTIRELY? Reading comprehension is a skill, learn it. Why are you so compelled to find these stories and post them here? Why does the US and its problems interst you to the point of your almost obsession in posting them here on a Soxtalk board? What drives you? Hatred? Jealousy? Post count? You are a pathetic person in your anti-us-biased postings. And as for you being hurt? GOOD! It hurts me a little each time I see you post crap from up north with your seemingly holier-than-thou attitude. America has problems. Canada has problems. We don't need YOU to keep pointing them out.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
[

Leave it to you to be so f***ing literal and absolute.  Did anyone ever mention banning? Did I ever say to stop posting ENTIRELY? Reading comprehension is a skill, learn it. Why are you so compelled to find these stories and post them here?  Why does the US and its problems interst you to the point of your almost obsession in posting them here on a Soxtalk board?  What drives you?  Hatred? Jealousy?  Post count? You are a pathetic person in your anti-us-biased postings.  And as for you being hurt?  GOOD!  It hurts me a little each time I see you post crap from up north with your seemingly holier-than-thou attitude.  America has problems.  Canada has problems.  We don't need YOU to keep pointing them out.

I don't hunt down articles in fact there's tons I see that could be interpreted as anti-American or negative that I don't post. I post the ones that are often obviously left leaning and I admit may contribute to partisanship but I'm trying to stir up debate first and foremost. As for this banning issue to many it seems like many of you absolutely cannot stand what I'm doing so then ban me, iggy me, or argue. But honestly the banning or ignore elements seem ridiculous as the articles or opinions I post are never or aren't supposed to be unfounded and they are debateable.

These personal arguments are a bunch of crap that I'm not interested in as I've never gotten personal on these boards until now.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
I'm at a loss for words. I think for the first time in my approximate 3-4 years hear my feelings have actually been hurt on a message board

:crying

I don't even know what to say other than this is f***ed, and I'm probably going to continue to post articles that I find interesting.

Of course, your "interests" almost exclusively revolve around news that attempts to undermine the U.S. government. And, for some reason, you just can't understand why American citizens take offense to that.

I understand getting angry, so please debate what I write and post, and if you can't do that, ban me or f*** off!

Nobody here is interested in banning you. Calling out your anti-American bias and making you look like a complete ass is infinitely more gratifying.

:usa

Edited by TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
:crying

Of course, your "interests" almost exclusively revolve around news that's damning to the U.S. government.  And, for some reason, you just can't understand why American citizens take offense to that.

Nobody here is interested in banning you.  Calling out your anti-American bias and making you look like a complete ass is infinitely more gratifying.

:usa

Cuz I'm sure EvilMonkey didn't look like an ignorant jackass at all, right? :rolly Its the pot calling the kettle black.

Edited by LowerCaseRepublican

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Perhaps he did.  Then again, he doesn't go out of his way to insult Canadians.

Posting articles regarding the failings of American policy isn't insulting to the American people -- but rather foments debate over issues. Sticking one's fingers in their ears yelling "LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" does nothing.

Its just fun that you find nothing wrong with EM's asinine posts in this topic -- an adult ranting like a five year old. I had to read it twice because I was laughing so damn hard.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
See here's the fundamental mistake you are making.  I'm not going out of my way to insult Americans.

Then, tell me, why do nearly all of your posts portray our government negatively? Why do I not see any posts from you that, say, point out problems in Canada's government? Or any other government, for that matter?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
Posting articles regarding the failings of American policy isn't insulting to the American people --

Generally, no. But when one posts nothing but topics that portray another's country negatively, citizens of said country sense bias and take offense.

Its just fun that you find nothing wrong with EM's asinine posts in this topic -- an adult ranting like a five year old..

What did I just say a few minutes ago?

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Perhaps he did.

That doesn't sound like I "find nothing wrong" with his posts, does it? :rolly

Edited by TheBigHurt35

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
Then, tell me, why do nearly all of your posts portray our government negatively?  Why do I not see any posts from you that, say, point out problems in Canada's government?  Or any other government, for that matter?

Because I think the current administration is leading the free world, what they claim to lead, down a s***ty path.

I'm sorry but there is little interest in Canadian problems here, like you say it's an American board. But if I do find an article on anything else including other governments that could create debates I'll put it on here.

I just view this whole situation as a gross exagerration, which has gotten needlessly personal.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
Because I think the current administration is leading the free world, what they claim to lead, down a s***ty path.

And your plan to change that is to make all Americans hate Canadians? Wow, you're brilliant!

I'm sorry but there is little interest in Canadian problems here, like you say it's an American board.

That's a complete bulls*** excuse.

Why not bring some of these problems up in your posts? Why wouldn't Americans (especially the politically-savvy ones on this board) care about what goes on in the country directly north of us? Of course we would.

But if I do find an article on anything else including other governments that could create debates I'll put it on here.

You're full of s***.