Yucca Mountain employees lie to ensure project

KipWellsFan

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
Then, tell me, why do nearly all of your posts portray our government negatively?  Why do I not see any posts from you that, say, point out problems in Canada's government?  Or any other government, for that matter?

Dare I say the majority of the posters are American and therefore would have a better knowledge of the intricacies of American government -- moreso than the political climate of Canada, Italy, France, etc. [that is except for the small cabal of political junkies like myself who read way too much for their own good]

Cuz Hell, I made a post about a Canadian politician that got put on a Punisher shirt recently (been busy and haven't had too much time to read news as much as I'd like due to school, preparing lesson plans etc.) and it got a whole 2-3 posts, IIRC. So, it might be a simple lack of knowledge of people responding to the topic -- and they don't want to since they don't know too much about the socio-political climate of the area (which is key to understanding issues)

But when one posts nothing but topics that portray another's country negatively, citizens of said country sense bias and take offense.

This is pathetic but for the sake of clearing my name lets review my last 10 started threads

-Yucca Mountain: Portraying your country negatively maybe, but hell it's my environment too, in fact I believe a Republican started this commission so I'll tip my hat to him.

-Iraq intelligence 'dead wrong': This has nothing to do with portraying your country badly. Just this is an extremely telling and important article on war and propaghanda.

-Neil Young thread: this has nothing to do with anything

-Dont Blame Canada for Terrorists: me defending Canada in reference to some posts I had seen, got some good answers here from other users

-Domino: a thread about a new movie

-59 ex-US diplomats oppose Bolton nomination: I also oppose his nomination but once again this has nothing to do with portraying your country badly. When Jeffrey Sachs maybe the leading free-market proponent of the world is vehemently opposed maybe you should take interest

-No Proof Annan Knew of Deal Bid: nothing to do with the US at all

-High School Shooting in Red Lake, Minnesota: portrays America badly, but this was obviously a huge news story and no one had mentioned it yet

-Sanctions preferred to Oil for Food corruption: there was a critique of US intelligence in there, but I thought it was a good one FROM A REPUBLICAN!

-U.S. army releases details in 27 detainee deaths: portray the running of the War badly

-US deserter not granted refugee status in Canada: hey a thread that concerns Canadian politics!

oops that's 11 in 8 pages of message board. Man I'm a total spammer.

Edited by KipWellsFan

LCR, yes, I was ranting. And I was pissed. It really ticks me off every time I hear KWF posting things about the US with his (in my opinion) arrogant attitude of Canada being better than the US. It really irritates me. I read your points on various topics, and while I often think you are full of s*** too, I can follow your points and they are usually well thought out. Kip is just a little instigator. I will stop with the name calling. I will agree that I was a little zealous, and will cease. I will not stop being offended by KWF's incessant negative posts about America. LCR, you say that "Posting articles regarding the failings of American policy isn't insulting to the American people -- but rather forments debate over issues." Well, to a point, I agree. But when the topics are presented with an attitude or bias upfront, the messenger starts to lose any sense of credibility as one who is merely trying to 'foster debate'. KWF isn't trying to foster anything, except his post count and his dislike for America.

LCR, if I ever meet you at a Sox game, I will buy you a beer, assuming you are old enough. I actually enjoy reading most of your posts, including the one about the Punisher shirt. The pics looked the same to me. KWF, I hope I never see you at a Sox game, or you will be wearing said beer. Consider it a form of protest, ala the type used agains Ann Coulter, etc.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 05:09 AM)
You would think people would be more upset about some Nuclear s*** leaking out killing mf'ers than my posting habits.

http://www.friendsofbruce.ca/IRs/Nuclear_W...%2311_2002.html

Maybe Canada should fix thier own problems with nuclear waste, especially since ot could possibly contaminate the Great Lakes. I like this line alot:

"The amount of waste stored at the Bruce site alone exceeds the total amount of waste stored at all U-S reactors around the Great Lakes. "

Just as a point of discussin, it seems Canada also wants to busy its waste deep, choosing instead an area in the 'Canadian Shield'. Prelimiary studies show it is safe, but enviros are squawking.

http://www.aecl.ca/index.asp?menuid=500&mi...ayid=3&csid=301

So why don't we all agree that nuclear waste in the water may not be a good idea and try to do s*** to stop it since it seems to be a common denominator here. /uniter not a divider :D :P :)

PS: Evil, I would be old enough for a beer (I'm 22...23 in November)

Edited by LowerCaseRepublican

:huh I don't see the big deal. I would think that as fellow Americans you would actually WANT to know that the current administration isnt as "Holier than thou" as some seem to want to believe. Hell, none of the past administrations are.

Does that mean that if we, as citizens, turn a deaf ear to the problems, pretend they don't exist, that they will go away? Thats a very naive way to view the situation IMO.

KWF, I appreciate the articles myself, even if we had disagreements on things in the past (Koch, I was wrong!)

KWF isn't trying to foster anything, except his post count and his dislike for America.

I'd just like to point out the fact that that is not true. Go Sox!

And Capn12 did we argue about Koch in the past? Can't remember, it seems all the nuclear waste in Canada has rotted my memory to s***.

:canada :usa