Tonights preview

southsider2k5

The White Sox weren't happy about getting swept in their first series of the season in Kansas City, but they'll get a quick chance for revenge this week at U.S. Cellular Field.

The Sox will send ace Mark Buehrle to the mound Tuesday in an attempt to get them on the right track against the division-leading Royals.

No doubt the Royals will start catcher Brent Mayne, who is 3-for-5 lifetime against Buehrle, and third baseman Joe Randa, who is 10-for-30 lifetime against Buehrle.

The White Sox are hoping to be able to drive in some of the runners they get on base after leaving 31 stranded in a three-game series in Detroit.

Pitching matchup:

CHW: LHP Mark Buehrle

2-1, 1.23 in 2003

19-12, 3.58 in 2002

6-3, 2.91 lifetime vs. KAN

KC: RHP Miguel Asencio

1-0, 3.60 in 2003

4-7, 5.11 in 2002

1-2, 5.96 lifetime vs. CHW

Players to watch: Mark Buehrle pitched well in the opener in Kansas City but only got a loss to show for it. He will look to reverse that decision at home against the Royals, who finally lost Sunday against Cleveland. Brandon Berger, one of the Royals' outfielders, is 6-for-18 against Buehrle, with four of those six hits being home runs.

Quotable: "I would say if it was one guy (stranding runners), but it looks like we're doing a team effort on that," White Sox manager Jerry Manuel said after his team stranded 31 in the three-game series in Detroit. "We're really working together on that one. We came together on one thing: 'If you leave him over there, I'll leave him over there.' I think that will improve."