A Few Rules of Life

Steff

Sometimes we need to remember WHAT the Rules of Life really are.

1. Never give yourself a haircut after three alcoholic beverages of any kind.

2. You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.

3. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are "I apologize" and "You are right."

4.. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

5. When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.

6. The only really good advice that your mother ever gave you was: "Go! You might meet somebody!"

7. If he/she says that you are too good for him/her - believe them.

8.. Learn to pick your battles. Ask yourself, "Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?"

9. Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

10. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!

11. Living well really is the best revenge. Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that the other person was right about you.

12. Work is good, but it's not that important..

13. And finally; Be really nice to your friends and family. You never know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 06:29 AM)
3. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are "I apologize" and "You are right."

Truer words have never been spoken.....

The main words in my relationship with my girl are : "how was your day" (then she rambles)so I follow with a bunch of uh huhs, oh really, interesting, Thats nice, etc. :bang

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 19, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
The main words in my relationship with my girl are : "how was your day" (then she rambles)so I  follow with  a bunch of  uh huhs, oh really, interesting, Thats nice,  etc.  :bang

Be careful. Did you ever see that commercial?

Wife: Honey, does this dress make me look fat?

Hubby (reading newspaper): You betcha.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 06:36 AM)
Be careful.  Did you ever see that commercial?

Wife:  Honey, does this dress make me look fat?

Hubby (reading newspaper): You betcha.

Why do women insist on asking that question?

I mean, you can't really give a correct answer. If you say yes, be prepared to duck. If you say no, you usually get, "You're just saying that."

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
Why do women insist on asking that question?

I mean, you can't really give a correct answer.  If you say yes, be prepared to duck.  If you say no, you usually get, "You're just saying that."

Its always safer in that situation to either lie or say what she wants to hear.... :bang

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
.....or: 'Do these jeans make me look fat?' 'No, honey, it's your big ass that makes you look fat".

LMAO While that would be hilarious, you would have to brace for death or the fact that you'd better sleep with one eye open.... :bang

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
Its always safer in that situation to either lie or say what she wants to hear.... :bang

If men could only figure out what it is that women want to hear...

Personally, I like to just stuff a Twix bar in my mouth and mumble incoherently. :D

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
If men could only figure out what it is that women want to hear...

Personally, I like to just stuff a Twix bar in my mouth and mumble incoherently. :D

Those commercials are hilarious!! Esp. the one with that chic asking her man if those pants make her look fat...