Loaiza pitching great but....

Mathew

Matthew...dont tell me you have nothing better to do except look up stats to make yourself anxious and worrisome and to predict the great Sox downfall. :lolhitting

No I knew the numbers pretty much but if I hadn't posted them people would doubt what I was saying. Once more I am not slagging Loaiza and I really like him, just putting out something he has struggled with in the past, so we can all be even more impressed when he overcomes it this year.

Mathew, now the game has been over long enough I can think about what you are saying. Loaiza has looked mighty good so far. A friend in Toronto has the same reservations you have but it is my hope that at this point he knows he has to work to do it for a whole season. I think the performance today to take the KC series with all the possible distractions was a real step up, at least psychologically. And confidence is always a part of the equation.

Matthew...dont tell me you have nothing better to do except look up stats to make yourself anxious and worrisome and to predict the great Sox downfall. :lolhitting

No I knew the numbers pretty much but if I hadn't posted them people would doubt what I was saying. Once more I am not slagging Loaiza and I really like him, just putting out something he has struggled with in the past, so we can all be even more impressed when he overcomes it this year.

Mathew, now the game has been over long enough I can think about what you are saying. Loaiza has looked mighty good so far. A friend in Toronto has the same reservations you have but it is my hope that at this point he knows he has to work to do it for a whole season. I think the performance today to take the KC series with all the possible distractions was a real step up, at least psychologically. And confidence is always a part of the equation.

hopefully at 31 , probably knowing this might be his last shot because he had to sign a minor league contract , he will have gained the maturity and develop the work ethic needed to put him over the hump

as for cooper..ive held off on him for awhile to see what happens...but he sure seems to be getting the most out of these guys so far...hope it keeps up

Even if EL craps out in June, he's helped us get through the first part of the season, when most of our hitters seem to struggle. But, I sure hope this Loiaza is the Loiaza we see all year long... and then some.

I would still feel alot better if Wright comes back at 100% and Rauch is kicking ass and ready to come up.

Even if EL craps out in June, he's helped us get through the first part of the season, when most of our hitters seem to struggle. But, I sure hope this Loiaza is the Loiaza we see all year long... and then some.

I would add that we shouldn't forget that sometimes pitchers take longer to figure it out than other players. David Wells was a mediocre pitcher that became a very good one 5-6 years into his career. Same can be said for guys like Eddie Guardado(maybe), Jamie Moyer, even Randy Johnson. Obviously, nobody thinks Loaiza will keep up his current pace, but I think he'll probably get 10-12 wins, and have an ERA under 4.50. I think those numbers are fine for an AL 4th starter. Let's hope he keeps it up for as long as possible. Or, maybe, he IS the next DWells, just about 500 lbs. smaller.