Dizard could become a starter

southsider2k5

The Sox are considering moving Class A Winston-Salem left-hander Fraser Dizard from reliever to starter. Dizard, a 10th-round pick in the 2003 draft, has seven strikeouts in six innings covering four appearances. Dizard has overcome injuries that plagued him for three seasons at Southern Cal (2001 to '03).

About damn time. Dizard is one of those guys who I liked righ whne the Sox drafted him. He's put up good numbesr but out of the pen. He's got a fantastic curve and early in his career at USC some people had compared him to Zito.

This is a great move for him and a great move by the organization. Thanks for pointing this out Mike.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
About damn time.  Dizard is one of those guys who I liked righ whne the Sox drafted him.  He's put up good numbesr but out of the pen.  He's got a fantastic curve and early in his career at USC some people had compared him to Zito. 

This is a great move for him and a great move by the organization. Thanks for pointing this out Mike.

Hope he can stay healthy. It's been his problem for some time.

Hey Jason, any news on Whisler? Someone at WSI pointed out he missed some starts, somehow that had slipped through the cracks...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm wrong Randy.  He was supposed to be starting for them on opening day.  I'm going to shoot Alan an email when I get home and see whats wrong with Wes.

Thanks, I've been travelling a lot so I was wondering if I had missed something, still searching on it...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
I'm wrong Randy.  He was supposed to be starting for them on opening day.  I'm going to shoot Alan an email when I get home and see whats wrong with Wes.

He did pitch on opening day for the Hogs. He hasn't pitched since, that would be 2 starts missed.