Wally Backman

BHAMBARONS

I was talking with Barons Hitting coach Gregg Ritchie and Wally Came up and he said that Wally now works with a company that runs charter fishing boats. I can't believe the fall he has taken since Nov 2nd when he was on top of the world. Ritchie was the new D-backs hitting coach until Wally was fired. I think he will be coaching again soon/

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
I think he is toast.

Maybe Shrimp Toast

I hope there are no news stories about Wally, his fishing boat, a fifth of Jack, and a shotgun; in the near future.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
I was talking with Barons Hitting coach Gregg Ritchie and Wally Came up and he said that Wally now works with a company that runs charter fishing boats.  I can't believe the fall he has taken since Nov 2nd when he was on top of the world. Ritchie was the new D-backs hitting coach until Wally was fired.  I think he will be coaching again soon/

what if those charter fishing boats are in the caribbean???

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
I was talking with Barons Hitting coach Gregg Ritchie and Wally Came up and he said that Wally now works with a company that runs charter fishing boats.  I can't believe the fall he has taken since Nov 2nd when he was on top of the world. Ritchie was the new D-backs hitting coach until Wally was fired.  I think he will be coaching again soon/

He's a hell of a coach. But he's kind of been a PR nightmare with the Dbacks, but also with the Sox and his supposed phone call to Gardy telling him he hoped they'd beat the Twins or whatever so then he could get the job.

Someone may get gutsy and hire him if all things are going wrong in a sense. But I can't see him getting a big league job. Still he should be at least managing somewhere in the minors.

Another guy that will be back next year is Bobby V. You know someone will give him a job when he comes back from Japan.