How do these smug, bloated vermins

BrandoFan

Rios at 3rd two days ago. Jimenez at the plate today called out on a ball almost a FOOT outside and Valentin out on a bunt which the REPLAY stills clearly showed was not only not a tie, but a clear advantage runner. The score was 3-3 at that point, so it's not like it didn't matter.

There is no way someone with an experienced eye and talent for noticing smallest differences are making "honest mistakes". Whether they are snubbing the Sox remains to be seen...but I say they are playing God, trying to "give and take" and "balance things out", plain and simple. I am sick and tired of this s*** and these complacent old farts.

I spoke to Angel Hernandez once and he told me that even on "bang-bang" plays are much easier to decide than can be surmised by watching it on televesion. More specifically, in all 3 recent cases umpires were RIGHT THERE. No excuses.

(It reminds me the two homers Maggs "missed" in Cleveland in 2000 and 2001...but at least the play was very far, so I can cut them some slack...)

What about the tag at the plate late in the game by Josh Paul last week? Unacceptable.

Rios at 3rd two days ago. Jimenez at the plate today called out on a play a FOOT outside and Valentin out on a bunt which the REPLAY stills clearly showed was not only not a tie, but a clear advantage runner.  The score was 3-3 at that point, so it's not like it didn't matter.

There is no way someone with an experienced eye and talent for notiocing smallest differences are making "honest mistakes".  Whether they are snubbing the Sox remains to be seen...but I say they are playing God, trying to "give and take" and "balance things out", plain and simple.  I am sick and tired of this s*** and these complacent old farts. 

I spoke to Angel Henrandez once and he told me that even on "bang-bang" plays are much easier to decide than can be surmised by watching it on televesion.  More specifically, in all 3 recent cases umpires were RIGHT THERE. No excuses.

(It reminds me the two homers Maggs "missed" in Cleveland in 2001 and 2002...but at least the play was very far, so I can cut them some slack...)

i umped little league for a few years when my nephew plaed back in the early 90's and i can tell you from my exerience there is no excuse for missing plays..they really are easy to get right...that play with jose tonight was a joke..tjhe ball was about 6 inches from the 1st baseman's glove when jose touched the bag...ump should be to make that call as easy as if it was 6 feet away..

calling balls and strikes was a whole different story..that is much more difficult..on jimenez called strike out...that pitch was in the strike zone for about 90% of the time..it was a late breaker and it fooled them ump..sometime pitches fool umps too...when i was behind the plate my biggest problem was i couldnt forget what were blown calls...you know right away when you miss one and you want to make up..what usually happens though is you end up boxing yourself in...you call a pitch a ball thats on the outside corner and then before you know you got a real tight strike zone..

calling balls and strikes is what seperates the men from the boys...but the plays in the field...jose today and armado tues should never be missed..they are easy

i umped little league for a few years when my nephew plaed back in the early 90's and i can tell you from  my exerience there is no excuse for missing plays..they really are easy to get right

Not to defend the umpires, because lately they seem to be suffering from selective blindness when it involves the Sox, but umping in little league is nothing like umping in the majors. It's like comparing Pong (extremely slow) to a modern video game (very fast).

i umped little league for a few years when my nephew plaed back in the early 90's and i can tell you from  my exerience there is no excuse for missing plays..they really are easy to get right

Not to defend the umpires, because lately they seem to be suffering from selective blindness when it involves the Sox, but umping in little league is nothing like umping in the majors. It's like comparing Pong (extremely slow) to a modern video game (very fast).

And it's like having a very inexperienced player compared to a video game god.

It may not be the same thing....but it should be damn close comparing how a little league umpire umps a little league game and how a big league umpire umps a big league game.

These guys are pros for a reason.

And it's like having a very inexperienced player compared to a video game god.

It may not be the same thing....but it should be damn close comparing how a little league umpire umps a little league game and how a big league umpire umps a big league game.

These guys are pros for a reason.

Oh, of course.

They are missing far too many calls. Hopefully disciplinary actions are taken for excessive blown calls.

calling balls and strikes was a whole different story..that is much more difficult..on jimenez called strike out...that pitch was in the strike zone for about 90% of the time..it was a late breaker and it fooled them ump

I actually thought the 3rd strike which caught Maggs looking somewhere around the 3-5 inning was just as bad as the call on Jimenez. Since when are the ankles considered part of the strike zone :huh: ?

Having said that, I have noticed alot of bad umpiring through this young season..... particularly when watching the White Sox and whoever is playing the Cubs. If anyone has been watching whoever is playing the Cubs games, it is the exact opposite..... sCrUBS are getting alot of gift calls. None have changed the outcome of the game though..... THANK GOD!

Game-calling technology? :unsure:

HELL NO. :nono

Taking away the umpires would take away an integral part of the game.

I'd be firmly against that.

Just hold the umps accountable when they f*** up, and that will solve the problem real quick.

Just hold the umps accountable when they f*** up, and that will solve the problem real quick.

Umpires are as important to baseball as bread is to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Hell, because of a bad umpire, the Royals won the 1985 World Series. Willie Wilson was out by a friggin mile....but was called safe on a s***ty call.

I still find the fact that the Cubs are playing great baseball right now and we're playing s***ty baseball and we have nearly identical records funny as hell.

I'm with you. Its more of a strategy when pitchers and hitters have to recognize and umps strike zone and try to use it to their advantages.

Some umps see things differently, but usually the strikezone is the same size. Some call it outside a bit more, but don't give the high stuff. Some are tighter, but are more leniant in the up and down part.

The ump yesterday wasn't too hot, but the calls were going on both sides later in the game. There was one time Maggs drew a walk and I swore he struck out.

Speaking of Maggs, he's not trying to go opposite field as often and its killing me.

cluj..working behind the plate would be different.. alot harder..but an out safe call at first???...how is any different in little league over the majors if its a bang-bang play??...they might run faster Uunless its paulie :)) but its still a bang- bang play for both...its an easy call..you watch the runner at the base and listen for the ball to hit the first baseman's glove...you also can see if the first baseman pulled his foot...right at that point you know if the ball beat him..if it did you immediately look at the first baseman to make sure he didnt bobble or dropit..then make the call....it really is easy

tag play is actually easier because your looking at the whole play...your eyes should be right there unless you fell asleep and got out of position..if you eyes work and you hustle as an ump you should never miss a tag play

like i said above what seperates the big boys is calling balls and strikes...

and pong wasnt slow....it got faster and faster until you missed the little square..the better you got the faster it got...YOU COULD NEVER WIN!!!!! :lolhitting