Harris and Jimenez - wow

wsgdf

Harris is now batting .418 with a .475 obp 4 hr 4 sb 10 rbi 13 runs scored in AAA. By the way, a .300 batting average in AAA might not always translate into something good at the major league level - but Harris' current numbers would - those are Playstation numbers. If someone asked Harris to change his approach right now - that person would/should be fired immediately.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Jimenez is now batting .379 with a .461 obp 3 hr 2 sb 10 rbi and 13 runs scored

in the Majors. No need for trasnslation here - he's rockin' and rollin' right now before our very eyes.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Let's enjoy it guys - and PLEASE - until someone proves otherwise - let's put the Miles talk to rest for a while - he CLEARLY should not have beaten Jimenez or Harris out for any job - can we all agree on that now?

:bringit

When you look at everything DA has done this year for the Sox, it really makes the Miles arguement pretty weak. Does anyone now really think that he would have hit nearly .400, seen 5 to 6 pitches per AB, played great defense, and drove in keys runs like Jimenez has? But once again the key is how will he handle adversity.

I hope Rowand reads this thread. He needs to know that he needs to produce. If he continues to flounder at the plate for another 2-4 weeks, or whatever length of time, and then goes to Charlotte and hits .230 or whatever, his big league career might be severely damaged. And not just with us. He better wake up, and soon.

he continues to flounder at the plate for another 2-4 weeks

We are having troubles with really bad teams right now. In 4 or whatever weeks we'll coming off a very tough stretch. Coming back under .500 would be disasterous.

Aaron and Paulie better fix it this week and same goes for Frank and Crede. Olivo is the only one who gets a pass.

he continues to flounder at the plate for another 2-4 weeks

We are having troubles with really bad teams right now. In 4 or whatever weeks we'll coming off a very tough stretch. Coming back under .500 would be disasterous.

Aaron and Paulie better fix it this week and same goes for Frank and Crede. Olivo is the only one who gets a pass.

How did Crede look today? I missed the entire game. The outcomes of these two games really didn't surprise me. The Sox always have trouble against young pitchers.. :angry:

CWSOX45

The Sox always have trouble against young pitchers.. 

Sox having trouble against young pitchers is only superceded by the Sox having troubles against veteran pitchers...which in turn is overshadowed by the difficulties Sox have facing pitchers who don't fit into either category.

Buy hey, we should be able to get 15 runs (also known as the Pad-a-Stat Day) tomorrow while th pitching shuts O's down...and then score 5 in the remaining two, effectively losing 2 out of 3. That's been the story of 2001-2003 season, anyway.

When you look at everything DA has done this year for the Sox, it really makes the Miles arguement pretty weak.  Does anyone now really think that he would have hit nearly .400, seen 5 to 6 pitches per AB, played great defense, and drove in keys runs like Jimenez has?  But once again the key is how will he handle adversity.

Jimenez approach at the plate mixed with his swing will keep him out of slumps and will give him a very high obp. He's not as quick as he used to be, but he is a very good baserunner and having a high obp is awesome at the top of the lineup.

Defensively I think he's average and he can be above average, but that will take some more work.

I've also been impressed with what Harris has done thus far. He has never had a huge opportunity at the majors and I think he'll get one eventually this season.

He may even be up in the next week or so if the Sox decide they want to play him in center, but considering he's getting the bulk of his time at second in AAA, I'd think that he's ticketed for the infield.

That being said, I don't want to see him swinging for the fences, but hitting the ball on a line. I'm assuming he's doing that.

When you look at everything DA has done this year for the Sox, it really makes the Miles arguement pretty weak.  Does anyone now really think that he would have hit nearly .400, seen 5 to 6 pitches per AB, played great defense, and drove in keys runs like Jimenez has?  But once again the key is how will he handle adversity.

Jimenez approach at the plate mixed with his swing will keep him out of slumps and will give him a very high obp. He's not as quick as he used to be, but he is a very good baserunner and having a high obp is awesome at the top of the lineup.

Defensively I think he's average and he can be above average, but that will take some more work.

I've also been impressed with what Harris has done thus far. He has never had a huge opportunity at the majors and I think he'll get one eventually this season.

He may even be up in the next week or so if the Sox decide they want to play him in center, but considering he's getting the bulk of his time at second in AAA, I'd think that he's ticketed for the infield.

That being said, I don't want to see him swinging for the fences, but hitting the ball on a line. I'm assuming he's doing that.

I read today that Harris has been playing CF a lot lately.