5/14 Games

danman31

Buffalo @ Charlotte Person starting and struggling. 4-0 Buffalo mid 5.

Jacksonville @ Birmingham Malone gave up 2 runs, 1 earned in the 1st. 2-0 Mid 1.

Winston-Salem @ Lynchburg Hogs down 5-4 mid 4. Dizard getting roughed up.

Kanny got rained out.

Barons 9 Jacksonville 4

Malone pitched well today 7 hits was misleading the only bad pitch Corwin made was his last a hanging curve to Joel Guzman but in all reality what is a bad pitch to him. Joel is an outstanding hitter. But That was the only Malone mistake today and I will go on record to say it was his best apperance since the surgery had threw some great Curve's for swinging Strike Outs of Russell Martin, Delwyn Young, Jon Webber and twice to Todd Donavon who reminds me of Cory Patterson a lead off hitter with plenty of speed that will not use it he in the series is 0-10 with 5 K's. Ryan Sweeney was 3-5 today with 2RBI's what impressed me was he hit a line drive to center for 1st single then with a runner on 3rd 2 outs he lined a hit opposite way on a great change-up from Stulz. Casey Rogowski hit a moster 3-run Homer over the scoreboard in right center estimated at 475ft. Jerry Owens had a rocket double in the 6th run 3rd. Dennis Ulcia had an awsome return throwing 3 scorless innings with a great cutter to strike out Titus Meadows. The White Sox's Brass was in town for toinght's game. Tomorrow Heath Phillps takes on Derek Thompson.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 14, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
Barons 9 Jacksonville 4

Malone pitched well today 7 hits was misleading the only bad pitch Corwin made was his last a hanging curve to Joel Guzman but in all reality what is a bad pitch to him. Joel is an outstanding hitter.  But That was the only Malone mistake today and I will go on record to say it was his best apperance since the surgery had threw some great Curve's for swinging Strike Outs of Russell Martin, Delwyn Young, Jon Webber and twice to Todd Donavon who reminds me of Cory Patterson a lead off hitter with plenty of speed that will not use it he in the series is 0-10 with 5 K's.  Ryan Sweeney was 3-5 today with 2RBI's what impressed me was he hit a line drive to center for 1st single then with a runner on 3rd 2 outs he lined a hit opposite way on a great change-up from Stulz.  Casey Rogowski hit a moster 3-run Homer over the scoreboard in right center estimated at 475ft.  Jerry Owens had a rocket double in the 6th run 3rd.  Dennis Ulcia had an awsome return throwing 3 scorless innings with a great cutter to strike out Titus Meadows.  The White Sox's Brass was in town for toinght's game.  Tomorrow Heath Phillps takes on Derek Thompson.

Thanks for the recap.

Guest JimH
White Sox's Brass was in town for toinght's game.

And no doubt they were looking at Corwin Malone's progress and the continuing development of Ryan Sweeney.

Watch out folks, Sweeney is coming on fast ...

QUOTE(JimH @ May 15, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
And no doubt they were looking at Corwin Malone's progress and the continuing development of Ryan Sweeney.

Watch out folks, Sweeney is coming on fast ...

Yes he is, and I hope they hang onto him. He could easily be in Charlotte by the end of the season. It's great to have 4 really good OF guys in Sweeny, Anderson, Owens and Young in AA or higher, showing they're not too far away.

Anderson HRs for Charlotte in an 11 inning loss for the Knights. Coquillette also went yard. 2 hits for Norton. Person struggled again. Great bullpen work: 6 IP, 1 R. Unfortunately that 1 run was enough for the Knights to lose. Box Score

Barons Box Score

Hogs lose 9-6. Amador had 2 doubles. Dizard rocked in his start, Bakker struggled in relief. Whisler continues to get stretched out, 3 innings of scoreless relief, 3 Ks, 1 hit. :headbang Box Score