the only problem

KipWellsFan

I'm sort of worried that with Loaiza's great pitching success Manuel will almost begin to believe Garland is expendable, and could possibly look at trading Garland.  I sure would hope we don't try to trade Garland. ;)

:canada

And watch him become a 20-game winner on the DevilRays :bang :finger

I'm sort of worried that with Loaiza's great pitching success Manuel will almost begin to believe Garland is expendable, and could possibly look at trading Garland.  I sure would hope we don't try to trade Garland. ;)

And watch him become a 20-game winner on the DevilRays :bang :finger

That's exactly what I'm thinking, we shouldn't worry Jon will turn it around.

First off, there's no way Garland wins 16 this year in my opinion.

Second of all, you would get a bag of balls and a broken bat for garland right now, ever heard of sell high buy low? What do you expect to get for him anyway?

Someone with a higher ERA.... like Randy Johnson. :D

Garland is weak. Weve been waiting for years. How much longer should we have to wait before finally deciding Garlands just a fake? Im about done waiting...

Years? In 2001, he started half his games and came out of the bullpen in the other half. Last year was his first full year of starting.

We have been waiting for 2 years. If we were waiting for, say, 4 or 5 years....then yes, potentially, we could. You should wait till the pitcher is atleast 24 or 25 before you deal him....meaning we wait pretty much until atleast 2005 or 2006 to deal him. With Garland's nasty-ass sinker...he could get it going.

Garland's only 23....and he was rushed to the majors. Unless there is a deal that gets us a proven #3 starter....like a Brian Lawrence or a Kerry Wood....then I'll deal him. Then and only then. I'm not trading him to get something better(the same mistake we made with Kipper) or trading him because we've given up on him....not yet.

We can't give up on Garland yet.

He's had some incredible games.

Somehow we have to get him to get his head out of his ass, however.

Maybe Koch should take  him under his wing and rib him like he does Big Frank.

I agree but he frustrates the living s*** out of me. Sometimes his stuff is so lively and sometimes at my advanced age I want to grab a bat against him. I question his mental toughness. I think he has the mechanics and the pitches to be successful over the long haul.