Toma Ohka traded....

EvilJester99

Nationals acquired second baseman Junior Spivey from the Brewers RHP Tomo Ohka.

Surrendering a perfectly useful fourth starter for a player who will be a backup in a month? Even ignoring the financial aspects, we'd take our chances that the drop off from Jose Vidro to Brendan Harris would be less than that from Ohka to Ryan Drese. Still, this isn't Cristian Guzman bad. Spivey will start over Jamey Carroll until Vidro gets back and then maybe be shipped off to another team next month. He'll probably bat second for the Nationals, so this helps his fantasy value for the short-term. Probably not for the long-term. Jun. 10 - 2:18 pm et

The Nats fans seem to like this trade. Drese did indeed win 14 games last year, but I doubt he ever gets it back fort he Nats(Can anyone confirm that he will be a starter? Sunny Kim will get the start tonight and Zach Day is on the DL, not sure when he gets back though). Spivey is a serviceable 2nd baseman and I think this has me a little worried that Vidro will come back later than expected.

Guzman has been awful this season, maby move him over there?