Let me try another approach

Bmr31

Garland, jimenez, lee, rowand, alomar, stewart. Those players are kinda talentless to depend on regularly. Then add to it lazy f***s like Frank, and underachievers like the entire bullpen, and a worthless manager. Are you REALLY surprised? I mean REALLY??

Jiminez is talentless?  he's been argubly our best player...And Stewart has done all we could possibly ask from him considering the circumstances.  Lee is swingin the bat a hell of a lot better.  But the other guys you've mentioned have struggled...

They both suck. Show me some past success from any of those players?

Just because they didn't have past success doesn't mean they can't have future success.  Maybe you shouldn't get down on guys and give them a little chance.  Just a thought.

They both suck. Unlike most of you, I actually watch baseball outside of chicago. If you people think Jimenez is going to be an all star 2nd baseman, maybe you should get off the crack. he is a utility player/borderline starting second baseman, at best.

You're right, they suck. Everything sucks. You suck, I suck. The White Sox suck, baseball in Chicago sucks, all these young players suck because they haven't done anything before.

I mean, c'mon man ... turn down the optimism. :D

They both suck. Unlike most of you, I actually watch baseball outside of chicago. If you people think Jimenez is going to be an all star 2nd baseman, maybe you should get off the crack.  he is a utility player/borderline starting second baseman, at best.

well, he was highly touted by the Yanks, so he had potentila and I think early on he had a pretty good season..but then had that car accident and that kinda set him back..I have the MLB Extra innings package and watch as many games outside Chicago(and how the Sox have been playin, rather watch outside of Chicago) but haven't really seen the Padres play the last few years unless they were playing the cubs..and to tell; you the truth, didn't really pay attention on how he was doing..that's for sure..But he's really bad defensively, seems lack luster playing defensive..at ;east ray gave it his all..and manuel complimented Jimenez on his defensive..go figure

well, he was highly touted by the Yanks, so he had potentila and I think early on he had a pretty good season..but then had that car accident and that kinda set him back..I have the MLB Extra innings package and watch as many games outside Chicago(and how the Sox have been playin, rather watch outside of Chicago) but haven't really seen the Padres play the last few years unless they were playing the cubs..and to tell; you the truth, didn't really pay attention on how he was doing..that's for sure..But he's really bad defensively, seems lack luster playing defensive..at ;east ray gave it his all..and manuel complimented Jimenez on his defensive..go figure

Here's his career stats..He missed all of 2000(guessing the car accident.be fore that in limited at bats he was doing good..and this year he's been hitting good..the problem is he's lackluster defensively

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stat...ts?statsId=6360

Well, I don't think hate would be the word i would used..they said he was lazy..

actually if you read the ST article with quotes from nevin and klesko..everybody DID hate him..not only did they say he was lazy, they said he was so brass and confrontational with everyone on the team that he had zero friends , was never invited to hang with anyone and it got so bad that no one was talking to him...

and from what steff and HSC have been saying it sounds like its starting all over again

You're right, they suck.  Everything sucks.  You suck, I suck.  The White Sox suck, baseball in Chicago sucks, all these young players suck because they haven't done anything before.

I mean, c'mon man ... turn down the optimism.  :D

Im as optimist of a person as you will ever come across. However, i do not need or want to be overly optimistic about s*** i cant control. I am totally objective when it comes to baseball talent, even if they play for the sox. I learned this through years of fantasy baseball. On offense, the sox have Maggs and NOONE when it comes to an offensive player who is actually better than average at his position. If you cant face that, you think with your heart and not your head. On the pitching side, the sox have colon and buehrle and NOONE who is above average at their position. That leaves us with 3 players to rely on and if you think thats going to turn into more than 85 wins, you are being a homer.

They both suck. Show me some past success from any of those players?

Well, Stuart is just a rookie, so we can't show you past success from him in the big leagues..Lee has had past success, his best season coming in 2000, where he hit .301 had 24 homers and 92 RBIs. He's averaging I say .290 batting avergae, 25 homeruns and 90 Rbi's a season..he's a above average player

Guest hotsoxchick1
actually if you read the ST article with quotes from nevin and klesko..everybody DID hate him..not only did they say he was lazy, they said he was so brass and confrontational with everyone on the team that he had zero friends , was never invited to hang with anyone and it got so  bad that no one was talking to him...

and from what steff and HSC have been saying it sounds like its starting all over again

ask frank thomas how he feels about jimenez........lmao... or jose or lee after he dissed on crede one nite............theres a ton of stories out there i can sit here all day long and tell.. one fact remains the same out of all of them though....jimenez is not making very many friends here at a rapid pace............or a slow one for that matter............

Well, Stuart is just a rookie, so we can't show you past success from him in the big leagues..Lee has had past success, his best season coming in 2000, where he hit .301 had 24 homers and 92 RBIs. He's averaging I say .290 batting avergae, 25 homeruns and 90 Rbi's a season..he's a above average player

Carlos Lee is a below average starting outfielder.

actually if you read the ST article with quotes from nevin and klesko..everybody DID hate him..not only did they say he was lazy, they said he was so brass and confrontational with everyone on the team that he had zero friends , was never invited to hang with anyone and it got so  bad that no one was talking to him...

Do you know where I can get the St article?

Jimenex doen't seem like the confrontational type..he's seems way to laid back for that..I read it a while ago, maybe I missed it

Do you know where I can get the St article?

Jimenex doen't seem like the confrontational type..he's seems way to laid back for that..I read it a while ago, maybe I missed it

that article is posted on this site...atleast the part related to jimenez...i think back in january..check the archives

Right now ... with as "dead" as this team appears ... 85 wins would be a lot.

I believe in giving a team time to gel ... and I'm not a great one for saying "this guy sucks, that guy sucks" all the time ... but this team is just not playing good baseball. They have talent ... Konerko has proven himself to be a good hitter but he's just been awful this year. Koch and Gordon are both proven performers and they've been lousy this year too.

Point being, there's got to be a little more accounatability for non-performance. Rios should be sat out today due to his inability to get the bunt down last nite (although I wish they'd put guys in motion once in a while vs. the very predictable bunt). Konerko should sit too, but what do you play in his place, Daubach? He's not doing anything either.

Right now ... with as "dead" as this team appears ... 85 wins would be a lot.

I believe in giving a team time to gel ... and I'm not a great one for saying "this guy sucks, that guy sucks" all the time ... but this team is just not playing good baseball.  They have talent ... Konerko has proven himself to be a good hitter but he's just been awful this year.  Koch and Gordon are both proven performers and they've been lousy this year too.

Point being, there's got to be a little more accounatability for non-performance.  Rios should be sat out today due to his inability to get the bunt down last nite (although I wish they'd put guys in motion once in a while vs. the very predictable bunt).  Konerko should sit too, but what do you play in his place, Daubach?  He's not doing anything either.

Our problem is, our manager is the biggest piece of s*** in baseball and out talent is slightly above average at best. I just dont understand why some of these people think thats going to spell 100 victories.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey jim.. what ever happened to frank seeing more time at 1st this year.......maybe let paulie dh or something till his hips start feeling better?????? or dauber. whoever....let frank get his "newly found in shape butt" out there and play .. or at least show us what hes been working on all off season ................ ;)