Milwood going for no no

SoxFanForever

Theres a weirder game I remember (I got to watch this one on TV too). Yankees-Red Sox at Fenway. Mussina pitching. The game is tied 0-0 all the way to the top of the nith and Mussina has a no-no. The Yankees scored once and Mussina quickly got two outs. Then Carl Everett came up and with two strikes hit this ugly, flaring bloop single which only fell due to perfect location in left center. Mussina got the next guy but oh if he had got a perfect game it would have been historical. Historic park, historic rivalry, close game and of course the perfect game. But it didnt happen and not many people remember that game anymore...

Theres a weirder game I remember (I got to watch this one on TV too). Yankees-Red Sox at Fenway. Mussina pitching. The game is tied 0-0 all the way to the top of the nith and Mussina has a no-no. The Yankees scored once and Mussina quickly got two outs. Then Carl Everett came up and with two strikes hit this ugly, flaring bloop single which only fell due to perfect location in left center. Mussina got the next guy but oh if he had got a perfect game it would have been historical. Historic park, historic rivalry, close game and of course the perfect game. But it didnt happen and not many people remember that game anymore...

I remember that, and Everett gave himself some applause for breaking it up, right at Mussina. But Mike just smiled and went on with the game.

I remember that game. A couple of my friends were getting really pissed off at me because we were supposed to go out and I wouldn't leave until the game was over. I wouldn't speak to my best friends girlfriend for two days after that because I blamed her for cursing Mussina.