Stuffs unawared of Buehrle...

S720

1. His humility:

"But on Tuesday, Buehrle noticed that he was having trouble getting the fastball where he wanted it -- a point that became crystal clear when Brandon Inge flied out to deep center in the fifth on a drive that would have been a home run in many other ballparks. Buehrle suggested to Widger that use of the cutter, which was working well, mixed in with the fastball might be better in those situations.

The left-hander joked that he almost made the suggestion apologetically. The pitchers have an extremely high level of trust in their batterymates.

"He's the type of guy, usually the day after I pitch, he'll ask me what did I like, what did I dislike, what do I want to change the next time," Buehrle said of Widger. "I almost feel bad saying something because I don't want him to think I don't trust what he's calling or I'm telling him what to do.

"I'm just kind of relaying what I was thinking. It was one of those things where I was apologizing when I said it: 'Let's throw a few more cutters, if it's OK with you.'"

I wonder other All-Star pitchers have this wonderful gesture toward the second and lucky-to-be-on-the-team catcher!

2. Among the elites:

"Tuesday's gritty effort over 6 2/3 innings allowed Buehrle to join teammate Jon Garland, Toronto's Roy Halladay and the Angels' Bartolo Colon as double-digit winners in the AL. Buehrle entered 2005 with at least 14 victories in each of his last four seasons.

In fact, Buehrle's latest effort raises his victory total to 75 since 2001, tied with Boston's Curt Schilling for third best in all of baseball during that span. St. Louis' Mark Mulder leads all hurlers with 81 wins, followed by Colon (77). Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson stand one victory behind Buehrle."

Not bad of a group to be in.

GO BUEHRLE

I know I'm in the minority but every time I see Colon's name, I think damn, I wish he was still here.

Buerhle is on track to be on everyone's Sox Career All-Time Rotation, if not #1. I am not including guys like Seaver who stopped in for a cup of coffee at the end of their career or guys who had a couple outstanding seasons.

I know I'm in the minority but every time I see Colon's name, I think damn, I wish he was still here.

Buerhle is on track to be on everyone's Sox Career All-Time Rotation, if not #1. I am not including guys like Seaver who stopped in for a cup of coffee at the end of their career or guys who had a couple outstanding seasons.

The contract we offered Colon was sick. It was probably for the best that he didn't sign with us.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:13 AM)
MB is awesome.  I've run out of compliments for the guy.  He is the epitome of what a MLB pitcher should be.

3rd best pitcher in baseball the last 4 years and if you don't live in Chicago you probably don't even know him.

I'd go out and buy his jersey but i dont want to jinx him like i jinxed Crede. lol.