Hunting Shows Blow

Yes. So, since I got home from the Dells, I have been watching OLN and Outdoor Channel all day watching hunting and fishing and it is just pissing me off. You don't see big bucks every day and you don't catch a 30 pound fish every time. But especially the hunting is depressing me. Hunting season is not for another 5 months and watching all these big bucks get harvested makes me sad. I know there are not many fisherman and/or hunters on here but that is my rant of the day. :ph34r:

I dunno, i personally miss some of the shows on OLN from a couple years ago. I loved Canadian Sport Fishing and never see that on anymore. They never fished for s***ty bass and what not, they were always going after trophy pike and musky. I loved it. Now its always bass shows from Texas and stuff. *yawn*. I'd rather watch pheasant hunting.

fishing and hunting are fun to do, but very boring to watch

Good point. Fishing is fun to do if you got a few buddies and at least a case of Miller Light with you. I could do without hunting but this is America and I can think of a lot worse things for people to do than hunt so I'm not going to bash it

My family got to watch me shoot my buck....

The stand I was in was about 100 yards away from my uncle's house (Yes, we went over not shooting towards the house :P) and everyone was watching an 8-point buck come around to my north. Apparently it was crazier in the house than I was in the stand.

Only problem was the deer fell in a damn hole...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
My family got to watch me shoot my buck....

The stand I was in was about 100 yards away from my uncle's house (Yes, we went over not shooting towards the house :P) and everyone was watching an 8-point buck come around to my north. Apparently it was crazier in the house than I was in the stand.

Only problem was the deer fell in a damn hole...

So you shot it, but did you kill it??? Just kidding. Nice lil story. I am still to kill a deer after my 2 1/2 years of real deer hunting.

soxhawks, not true. I get very much enjoyment from watching these shows!

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
omg i love hunting shows  :o

Don't diss them....theya re the s***. OLN and OTDCN are the bomb. Dream Season, Buckmasters, Memories in the Field, Cabelas, Team Realtree Outdoors....all awesome shows. Some are educational too and ALL incorporate safety and fair chase. I have like 6 hunting video's too! My favorite is the "Tree Lounge Advantage" with Dead Durham. :wub:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Did you have it mounted? What did you do to the meat? Donate or eat?

Yes. Gave it to a friend of my dad's from Sierra Leone.

About 9 of us got deer at my uncle's last year. We kept probably 3, gave away probably 3 to other people and donated the rest to a program in NE Iowa that uses the meat to feed the needy.

Ya see, we can still be liberal while toting about firearms and killin' stuff.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Yes. Gave it to a friend of my dad's from Sierra Leone.

About 9 of us got deer at my uncle's last year. We kept probably 3, gave away probably 3 to other people and donated the rest to a program in NE Iowa that uses the meat to feed the needy.

Ya see, we can still be liberal while toting about firearms and killin' stuff.

Where is this land of your uncles? What kinda area is it? What does it offer to deer food and bedding wise? Does it produce big bucks?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just very curious. BTW, it is very good of you to donate or eat the food. Deer put to waste is food prevented from others.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 03:56 AM)
Some are educational too and ALL incorporate safety and fair chase.

Fair Chase? :o .... Fair would be if the deer got a gun to shoot back with lol

All aside I dont mind hunters and all as long as it isnt an endangered species but the tv shows of hunting and fishing are extremely BORING ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 06:14 AM)
Fair Chase?  :o .... Fair would be if the deer got a gun to shoot back with lol

All aside I dont mind hunters and all as long as it isnt an endangered species but the tv shows of hunting and fishing are extremely BORING  ;)

Your thinking of the wrong "Fair" chase lol! ;)