NCAA 2006

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
I'm regretting leaving my NCAA at a friend's house tonight...  :banghead  :crying

For the first time in about a week, I got the basement to myself, and what'd'ya know?  No NCAA...

Damnit, Tom...  :ph34r:

:crying :crying :crying

poor keith can't play on his awesome tv

:finger

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
does anyone know if you can change the kick meter speed on heisman, i hate how fast it goes i always miss field goals, i have s***y punts, and my kickoffs go out of bounds

the exact reason I don't play Heisman....... I'll stick with All-American and be happy!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
http://www.maddennation.com/forums/showthr...07&page=1&pp=15

Thought I would post that for you guys. This guy on there already has Madden some how, but used his RFTH player in Madden, and Superstar looks pretty cool. He got drafted by the Bears!

damn you tony, now i'm going to have to buy madden.

Bleh I really wish this game would fix something over the course of three years. I'm REALLY bothered by how good scrambling QBs are (not against me, but me using them). All you need to do is rollout, draw the corner in and throw over the top to your receiver. When you wanna rush, you speed option. You'll score pretty much everytime you do this.

I really, REALLY wish they would fix the A.I. so the corners won't bite until the line of scrimmage is broken. However, in Human to Human play there's a spy play in dime that really intrigues me...it uses your two dime backs as spies. I think this could be a remedy for the crazy scrambling qb problem...too bad the CPU never uses it.

So if you guys just want to start destroying people recruit a sick scrambling qb and then look for speed at pretty much every position (sans lineman positions).

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Bleh I really wish this game would fix something over the course of three years. I'm REALLY bothered by how good scrambling QBs are (not against me, but me using them). All you need to do is rollout, draw the corner in and throw over the top to your receiver. When you wanna rush, you speed option. You'll score pretty much everytime you do this.

I really, REALLY wish they would fix the A.I. so the corners won't bite until the line of scrimmage is broken. However, in Human to Human play there's a spy play in dime that really intrigues me...it uses your two dime backs as spies. I think this could be a remedy for the crazy scrambling qb problem...too bad the CPU never uses it.

So if you guys just want to start destroying people recruit a sick scrambling qb and then look for speed at pretty much every position (sans lineman positions).

everyone knows this, theu fixed some of the plays from 2004 by adding play action to the plays were all the receivers go to one side of the field leaving the other open for a huge scramble. however rollout in no back is unstoppable if you roll out the opposite way and the defense is man

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually used the All-Time teams? I have a lot of fun with them figuring out who the hell everyone is (I don't have a working network connection, otherwise I'd download it). I still toy with the rosters though because a lot of guys are either drastically overrated (try Darian Hagan, the QB on Colorado. He makes Michael Vick look like Ron Paulus), drastically underrated (several Heisman winners, multiple time All-Americans, and Hall of Famers that are rated in the low 90's), and some major guys that are missing that should be there (especially recent guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Richard Seymour, Derrick Johnson, and Roy Williams). Some of the teams are downright loaded. My personal favorites are USC, Syracuse, Ohio State (gotta switch Doss to FS), FSU (use a 3-4, it's more fun), and Alabama. For USC, O.J. and Marcus Allen are a devastating 1-2 punch, Lynn Swann, Frank Gifford, and Keyshawn Johnson can really stretch the field, and you can do some damage with Ronnie Lott, Troy Polamalu, Mark Carrier, Junior Seau, Chris Claiborne, and Wille McGinest on D. Syracuse is just unstoppable on O because of Donovan McNabb, Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Art Monk, and Marvin Harrison, plus they have some playmakers on D in Dwight Freeney, Keith Bullock, Will Allen, Donovan Darius, and Tebucky Jones. OSU is just sick. Archie Griffin at RB, Chris Carter, Paul Warfield, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, and David Boston at WR, Plus all kinds of guys on D, led by Jack Tatum. FSU can be nasty on D with Jamal Reynolds, Corey Simon, Andre Wadsworth, Derrick Brooks, Peter Boulware, Marvin Jones, Sam Cowart, and Deion Sanders, although the running game is iffy. You can survive with Charlie Ward, Fred Bilitnikoff, Peter Warrick, and Ron Sellars though. Bama has some weak spots, but they have Johnny Unitas, Ozzie Newsome, Don Hutson, Derrick Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, and Lee Roy Jordan. All are big time players. I'm kinda pissed that there is no All-time Illini though. I'd love to use Red Grange, Dick Butkus, Ray Nitschke, Simeon Rice, and Kevin Hardy. I'd happily give up several teams, like Mississippi State, Oregon, Washington, and Clemson.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
Has anyone actually used the All-Time teams? I have a lot of fun with them figuring out who the hell everyone is (I don't have a working network connection, otherwise I'd download it). I still toy with the rosters though because a lot of guys are either drastically overrated (try Darian Hagan, the QB on Colorado. He makes Michael Vick look like Ron Paulus), drastically underrated (several Heisman winners, multiple time All-Americans, and Hall of Famers that are rated in the low 90's), and some major guys that are missing that should be there (especially recent guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Richard Seymour, Derrick Johnson, and Roy Williams). Some of the teams are downright loaded. My personal favorites are USC, Syracuse, Ohio State (gotta switch Doss to FS), FSU (use a 3-4, it's more fun), and Alabama. For USC, O.J. and Marcus Allen are a devastating 1-2 punch, Lynn Swann, Frank Gifford, and Keyshawn Johnson can really stretch the field, and you can do some damage with Ronnie Lott, Troy Polamalu, Mark Carrier, Junior Seau, Chris Claiborne, and Wille McGinest on D. Syracuse is just unstoppable on O because of Donovan McNabb, Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Art Monk, and Marvin Harrison, plus they have some playmakers on D in Dwight Freeney, Keith Bullock, Will Allen, Donovan Darius, and Tebucky Jones. OSU is just sick. Archie Griffin at RB, Chris Carter, Paul Warfield, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, and David Boston at WR, Plus all kinds of guys on D, led by Jack Tatum. FSU can be nasty on D with Jamal Reynolds, Corey Simon, Andre Wadsworth, Derrick Brooks, Peter Boulware, Marvin Jones, Sam Cowart, and Deion Sanders, although the running game is iffy. You can survive with Charlie Ward, Fred Bilitnikoff, Peter Warrick, and Ron Sellars though. Bama has some weak spots, but they have Johnny Unitas, Ozzie Newsome, Don Hutson, Derrick Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, and Lee Roy Jordan. All are big time players. I'm kinda pissed that there is no All-time Illini though. I'd love to use Red Grange, Dick Butkus, Ray Nitschke, Simeon Rice, and Kevin Hardy. I'd happily give up several teams, like Mississippi State, Oregon, Washington, and Clemson.

i noticed the same thing about hagan the guy has like 99 speed and he is unstopppable, he is the only reason i like using colorado the best

so after 2 years, i was put on probation as houston for some ungodly reason. I honestly don't remember alot of problems that season. So i think, whatever, i'll just lose some scholarships. Now that i'm almost done w/ the 3rd season, i realize i don't get to play in a bowl game.

f***, now i have to decide if i want to play this meaningless dynasty.

Hey Brian, if his success in this game is any indicator of real life, Michigan fans are going to be really happy with Kevin Grady. I just finished his senior year and I can honestly say he was the best running back I have ever played with in this game. The big key for me was that his speed is only 88, so I wasn't just running around end all day long. He ran through and around guys and broke tackle after tackle.

His senior season stats were:

Rushes: 324

Yards: 2,637 (new NCAA record)

Yds/Att: 8.1

TD: 44

He won the Heisman of course and Michigan won the National Championship, going 13-0. I played about 8-9 of the 13 games and simmed the rest.

Hopefully he will push Mike Hart a bit for some PT this year or next and Michigan will have two great backs.

• 3 weeks later...