NCAA 2006

Well, guess the program standards crap that pissed me off last year is back to be the bane of my dynasty. Here's my sad story. Mind you that I am using Northwestern, a prestigious academic program that I watch regularly and have seen maybe 5 players get suspended in 10 years of having season tickets.

I started my dynasty, and before week 3, I already had to deal with two players. My starting SS missed a practice and was suspended for two quarters. That wasn't a huge problem. However, my starting RB got in a bar fight and was supposed to be suspended for 3 games. Since I knew that there was a big drop off at RB, I dropped his suspension to two. I'm still trying to figure out how you get in a bar fight in Evanston, their bars are much nicer and have much fewer problems than those at Illinois. I then ended up struggling against Northern Illinois, which frustrated the hell out of me. I got semi-lucky though because I forgot to save my dynasty. After starting another one, going into the same game, my RB gets suspended again for 3 games, this time for plagerizing a paper. I was rather pissed after last time, but I still suspended him for two games. I'm still trying to figure out how he plagerized a paper before classes even start at NU (game was September 10th, classes don't start until October :bang ), but I digress. I smoked Northern and then ASU this time thanks to some big plays in the return game and on defense and a huge game from my QB respectively. So I finally think I'm in the clear, and then I find out my starting WR hasn't been to a voluntary practice and I'm supposed to suspend him for two games. I had a lot of problems with this one. First off, the player discipline was an A, making it unusual. Second, two games seems pretty steep for missing some workouts. Third, why should my NCAA team interest go up if I don't suspend him? Missing voluntary workouts isn't exactly a rules violation. Anyways, I'm going to let him off the hook, meaning I'll have to throw the book at the next guy to get my interest level down. Knowing my luck it'll be my starting QB next.

I liked this idea when I first heard about it, but I'm not a fan of the way it's been implemented. Problems seem to come up too often, and I don't think the punishments really fit the crimes often times. Also, it seems that it is always a solid starter that makes a violation and never a bench warmer. I hope they polish this thing up in the future.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really having huge problems with passing defense in the game. I'm letting up some bombs (which is to be expected with my secondary), but the completion percentages aren't much over 50, even with ASU's excellent receivers and decent QB. If you get a pass rush on their percentage goes down a ton. I was getting let up early, but I got a couple of sacks and several hurries and his percentage went from high 70's down to about 55 before I knocked him out of the game. Even if they still get off a good throw it seems to get dropped more often. I actually had more problems with the running game, especially if the other team goes into a spread formation. NIU was getting some huge runs against me, and even ASU's crappy runner got a couple. However, the NIU problems should be suspected since their back is a 92 and can fly, and I did manage to get a lot of stops in the backfield in both cases.

Zoom, I agree with your first post. It gets annoying when you have player after player getting suspended, and big-name players, too. I could take it if you maybe got one or two a year, but last year, I remember getting at least five guys suspended for one or more games. Nice idea with the whole suspension thing, but bad execution implementing it.

They should have a system (or do they this year?) where the player has a personality rating, and you could see it when you recruit him -- just, so you can sort of expect it with some players (it being him getting in trouble), and with others, you should rarely have problems with.

Zoom, I agree with your first post.  It gets annoying when you have player after player getting suspended, and big-name players, too.  I could take it if you maybe got one or two a year, but last year, I remember getting at least five guys suspended for one or more games.  Nice idea with the whole suspension thing, but bad execution implementing it.

They should have a system (or do they this year?) where the player has a personality rating, and you could see it when you recruit him -- just, so you can sort of expect it with some players (it being him getting in trouble), and with others, you should rarely have problems with.

They had that in the game last year, and this year.. when you look at players to recruit they will have discipline and depending on that you can decide who to recruit and what not.. but it was in the game last year, I dont know how you missed it

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm not really having huge problems with passing defense in the game. I'm letting up some bombs (which is to be expected with my secondary), but the completion percentages aren't much over 50, even with ASU's excellent receivers and decent QB. If you get a pass rush on their percentage goes down a ton. I was getting let up early, but I got a couple of sacks and several hurries and his percentage went from high 70's down to about 55 before I knocked him out of the game. Even if they still get off a good throw it seems to get dropped more often. I actually had more problems with the running game, especially if the other team goes into a spread formation. NIU was getting some huge runs against me, and even ASU's crappy runner got a couple. However, the NIU problems should be suspected since their back is a 92 and can fly, and I did manage to get a lot of stops in the backfield in both cases.

your northwestern i assume, hart tore it up agianst me i couldnt stop him and michigan beat me because i threw 5 picks and they ran back a kick. i also had problem mills but i did beat penn state

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
So I take it no one plays over X-Box Live?

I'll be interested in a few weeks. Early on though I'm just going crazy over dynasty mode and turning my team halfway decent (they are awful...I can only beat D2 schools, lol).

My username is Chisoxfn or something like that.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
after blowing out IOWA @ IOWA w/ the illini and going 5-0, I think it's time to look for sliders

I created my school and well I made them an academic school. Which means the best player on my team ended up being the low 60's. To say the least the only teams I have beaten are the two D-2 schools I put in my schedule. My team is a D- and I played Florida and lost by 60.

OMG, I was in it till near the end of the 1st half when my team decided to fumble every f***ing ball that got in there hands. I'm totally miffed.

So I sim'd the rest of the way hoping to get my talent level up and got canned. Never one another game and wasn't even close. Took Hawaii (lowest rated team that was willing to accept me) and now I'm doing alright.

Point being, if you want a challenge be a 1 star and create it as an academic. Its freaking impossible to do anything. My recievers would catch 1 pass for ever 4 drops.

Of course I'm in the WAC with Hawaii so its not like I'm playing anyone good. Midway through season 2 (1st year with Hawaii) and I'm 5-1 (played 2, simd the rest) but my opponents are like 30 games under .500 and the only one over .500 was Idaho who beat me when I simd.

Real badass game though, love the in-season recruiting. One question though, same as Krush's, how the hell do you invite players to the games. It only says somethinga bout their unofficial visit went well.

jason, later in the year, maybe after week 5 or 6, somewhere around there, when your in the in-season recruiting screen, you hit 'x' or whatever it is on the xbox to see the prospect information, on the bottom it will say hit 'select' (again, not sure what it is for xbox) to schedule a visit.

I created my school and well I made them an academic school.  Which means the

Real badass game though, love the in-season recruiting.  One question though, same as Krush's, how the hell do you invite players to the games.  It only says somethinga bout their unofficial visit went well.

I explained this a little earlier..

You have to wait till you make a players Top 3 teams remaining.. Once that happens you will be able to invite them and select a pitch to use.. It happens a little later in the year

Man, I just checked the NCAA player stats for the first time, and the passing numbers are ridiculous. I'm averaging about 270 passing yards per game and I'm ranked in the 50's, and my QB's 58% completion percentage is tied for last in the NCAA. I'm hoping these drop a bit as the season goes on (I'm 5 games in), that's ridiculous.

This game is hard as hell on All American. I started a dynasty with ND and bet Pitt 80-28 on Varsity and then bumped it up to All American and I got killed by Michigan 49-20. Then I'm in one with a few buddies and we are all Big Ten teams. I drew MSU and only beat Hawaii by eight points and got blown out by ND

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
your northwestern i assume, hart tore it up agianst me i couldnt stop him and michigan beat me because i threw 5 picks and they ran back a kick. i also had problem mills but i did beat penn state

I'm not up to Michigan yet, I just waxed Wisconsin. Their starting RB was out, otherwise I think I would have had problems with their running game. Penn State got one or two big runs on me. I'm definitely worried about what Michigan, Iowa, and Ohio State are going to do with me. My passing is very inconsistent, and my outside running probably isn't going to work as well against them (Penn State was the only one that slowed me down so far). I'm getting better throwing the ball but it still isn't there. I usually try to throw screen passes and some short crossing routes to try to get Basanez in the zone, then try to hit on a fly pattern. The deep balls are pretty sporadic, I either get none in a game or a ton, and when I don't get some deep balls I can't consistently hit on the short ones enough to put up good numbers.

The game definitely seems harder than usual on All-American. I used to absolutely dominate everyone at least 40-10 on the older games, now my offense isn't as consistent. My guess is in another week I'll figure out all the money plays again, but we'll see.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

So I'm getting sick of All-American already...blowing way too many people out.

I was wondering if anyone has seen any sliders yet for All-American or even *gasp* Heisman :ph34r: If so, could you please post them or direct me to them? Thanks.

I play on varsity and its almost perfect for me. My Nebraska cornhuskers started out 3-0 and i thought i might even need to bump to all-american but against Iowa State, I threw 3 interceptions in the first half and was losin 14-0.

Then i started out with the ball and on the first play threw my 4th interception and got really pissed They got a field goal out of it. Then i get the ball back and on my first play they blitz, i fumble and they return it for a TD. 24-0. So im pissed and just go Hail Mary on the next play and my guy caught it in like triple coverage for a TD. I get the ball back after they go 3 and out and i throw another hail mary right to the 5 yard line and run it in for a TD. 24-14. I get em to go 3 and out again, and score another TD so its 24-21. They get the ball back with 1:10 left and run the clock down and on third and 14 with time for me to get the ball back and maybe throw another miracle hail mary, they run a option and the QB runs it 30 yards gets the first down and Game Over :crying

Its listed in best games at least, but i would have liked to win it. :fight

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
So I'm getting sick of All-American already...blowing way too many people out.

I was wondering if anyone has seen any sliders yet for All-American or even *gasp* Heisman :ph34r: If so, could you please post them or direct me to them? Thanks.

i'm in the same boat as you.

i started *researching (haha) them last night, i think i found one that i really like. I'll post them when i'm certain they're godo

Hawaii has sim'd through its first season (after I got fired at my 1st job) and won the WAC. Easiest conference ever. I just simmed straight through (played two games) and lost to Maryland in a bowl game but ended up winning the coach of the year.

Take that Fullerton (they fired me...bastards).

Now I'm looking forward to playing some games this year cause I have some bigger teams coming into Hawaii.

Alright guys, these are the sliders i've played with and am using at the moment

OFFENSE

HUMAN/CPU

QB ACC-25/50

PASS BLK-50/75

WR CATCH-50/50

RB ABLTY-25/50

RUN BLK-50/75

DEFENSE

HUMAN/CPU

AWR-25/50

KDWNS-75/75

INT-25/50

BRK BLK-50/75

TKL-25/50

SPECIAL TEAMS

FG LENGTH-50/25

FG ACC-25/50

PNT LNGTH-50/25

PNT ACC-25/50

KO LNGTH-50/25

I lost my first game against the CPU on AA with these. My biggest gripe before sliders was i was running too much, these made my average about 4 or 5 per carry, instead of 10.

Try em out.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
Alright guys, these are the sliders i've played with and am using at the moment

OFFENSE

HUMAN/CPU

QB ACC-25/50

PASS BLK-50/75

WR CATCH-50/50

RB ABLTY-25/50

RUN BLK-50/75

DEFENSE

HUMAN/CPU

AWR-25/50

KDWNS-75/75

INT-25/50

BRK BLK-50/75

TKL-25/50

SPECIAL TEAMS

FG LENGTH-50/25

FG ACC-25/50

PNT LNGTH-50/25

PNT ACC-25/50

KO LNGTH-50/25

I lost my first game against the CPU on AA with these.  My biggest gripe before sliders was i was running too much, these made my average about 4 or 5 per carry, instead of 10. 

Try em out.

Do you have the codes for these? I heard this year all you need to do is put a code in and it sets the sliders...I haven't messed with it yet, and it may be different for each system but take a look around the settings and see if you can find any codes for your sliders. Genius idea I think, if it works.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
Do you have the codes for these? I heard this year all you need to do is put a code in and it sets the sliders...I haven't messed with it yet, and it may be different for each system but take a look around the settings and see if you can find any codes for your sliders. Genius idea I think, if it works.

the codes use lower case and upper case letters, and numbers.

so sometimes you don't know if its a zero or a o, l or one, etc.

Just put them in manually, it takes just as long.

I use Michigan playing against my buddies..and I was offered a scholarship to USC for race to the heisman...so i accepted..the game is kick ass so far...at first, i thought the game was going to be $30 bucks cuz of MVP being 30 but is all EA games gonna be $50 again?