Duck Hell

HighHeat45

My house had a family of ducks living in the bushes and a hawk attacked right as we were leaving for vacation and it isnt pretty. Im not sure what happened to them, we know one baby was killed as we were leaving which we have pics of, and today i found a pile of feathers in the back corner of our porch.

Dont look at these pics if you get sick easily or may get grossed out to see animals hurt. There isnt blood or anything in the pics though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/whi...89/DSCN1765.jpg - Hawk kills duck and takes it across street.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/whi...6789/hawk22.jpg - zoomed in

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/whi...n56789/duck.jpg - feathers from this morning

I know its sad that the duck was killed...but that is how the whole nature thing plays out.

However, Hawks are absolutely beautiful animals as well. We have one at my house that sits atop a dead tree branch everyday. He pretty much rules!

Edit: After rereading my post I've decided the "pretty much rules" line is extremely queer...TIA, and I apologize

Edited by Chisoxrd5

QUOTE(Stocking @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Why didn't you chase the hawk away?

I didnt want to have it attack me and it was goin pretty fast and the ducks were goin crazy too. And like chisoxrd said thats how the whole nature thing goes. The hawk needs to eat to survive too.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
That's cool. I've seen fox and coyote in my yard in the past month. Not surprisingly, I can't remember the last time I saw a rabbit, or even a opposum or racoon.

I seldom get to see Foxes around...they're probably like my favorite animal, right behind the liger of course.

If you want to see a raccoon we can borrow u a few from our neighborhood.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
That's cool. I've seen fox and coyote in my yard in the past month. Not surprisingly, I can't remember the last time I saw a rabbit, or even a opposum or racoon.

Send him over to my house please.

This guy is on duty in my yard:

He has already killed a rabbit and chased a few others out. He is the Joe Pesci of the animal world, a little guy with a big attitude.

QUOTE(zach23 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
This guy is on duty in my yard:

He has already killed a rabbit and chased a few others out. He is the Joe Pesci of the animal world, a little guy with a big attitude.

Oh my God... wait until you meet Abby. They could be twins!!