• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
Dallas beat writer Mike Heika thinks we'll get Ziggy Palffy and Eric Lindros;

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...de.2bc2393.html

Hockey Future's Mock Draft and Blackhawks Top 20 Prsopects;

Skille @ 7 HF Mock Draft

Hawks Top 20

Thats what Mark Giangreco said a few nights ago on a ABC7 news broadcast....that the Hawks would get Ziggy Palffy...at the time I figured he was being cynical.... :huh However I would love to see him in a Hawks uni though.

So, since Crosby is a lock to go first, there's five more teams before the Hawks. The top five after Crosby are Jack Johnson (D), Benoit Pouliot (W), Gilbert Brule ©, Bobby Ryan (W), and Anze Kopitar ©. You hope that someone reaches for a guy like Marc Staal or Carey Price, and then, one of the top five drops to the 'Hawks.

I like Brule a lot. He's my favorite, but it's doubtful he drops. Then, my next would be Kopitar -- he seems like a real good sniper that the 'Hawks need.

Just finished watching the press conference...

Some key points:

-No home games on TV. Still. Wirtz compared it to a newspaper not giving away it's 'papers for free. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me... :huh

-Hawks aren't going to buy out any contracts. Not sure what's going to happen with Thibault or Berard.

-Schedule will be released Wednesday at 11:00 AM.

-Pulford talked about divisional playoffs, said Bettman will address it. Someone want to explain that to me? Two divisions, two conferences, I believe? I do like, however, that we're going to play eight games against Detroit sucks/St Louis/Columbus/Nashville. One of the smart moves that came out of the CBA, IMO.

-Bunch of new people in the front office, as far as media relations, marketing, community outreach, etc etc.

-New ad campaign, revamped website, blah blah.

-Tallon says he's not sure how close to the cap they'll be this year. They want to be flexible for next year's market, as UFA's will be at age 29.

-New scoreboard at the United Center. 20 foot LCD screens, something along those lines.

-Brian -- looks like I was wrong about ticket pricing. There will now be something like 2,000 seats for ten bucks or less, and 27% of the UC seats will be $15 bucks or less. Student discount still in effect. YES! :headbang

-Also -- Tallon wants to get his 2003 draft picks signed, there's a deadline -- then the 2004 picks. Gotta make some kind of offer to them...?

-New AHL head coach, Mike Haviland.

That's all off the top of my head.

I watched the press conference as well.

Looks almost all the 300 level will be pretty cheap, which is a good thing.

We all knew home games still wouldn't be on TV. I like how they guaranteed playoff games would be on TV. No "if we make the playoffs" or anything.

The more i hear Tallon talk, the more i think we aren't going to retain Thibault.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
Once Peter gets ownership of this team, i think you'll see home games on TV for sure. Until then, same old same old.

They did say Home playoff games would be on TV. It's better than nothing, i guess.

No it isin't. That's like offering to take someone to dinner when you know they can't possibly make it.

How about Miroshlav (sp -- know I f***ed that up) Satan? He's only 30 years old, and seems to have settled into a nice little niche of 25-35 goals a year, around 60 points. I don't have much of a recollection of seeing him play, but since '97, the least amount of games in a season he's played is 79.

I think all of us hockey fans would chuckle a little bit inside if he signed with New Jersey... :)

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 06:18 AM)
No it isin't.  That's like offering to take someone to dinner when you know they can't possibly make it.

So whatcha wanna bet, Nuke? (PS, I'm poor. It has to be something cheap.)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
How about Miroshlav (sp -- know I f***ed that up) Satan?  He's only 30 years old, and seems to have settled into a nice little niche of 25-35 goals a year, around 60 points.  I don't have much of a recollection of seeing him play, but since '97, the least amount of games in a season he's played is 79.

I think all of us hockey fans would chuckle a little bit inside if he signed with New Jersey...  :)

Keith, he can flat out fly. One of the fastest skaters I've ever seen and I wouldnt mind him here, although I think he's basically a second line talent playing on a first line in Buffalo.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Wirtz won't pony up what Pronger wants.

Come on now.

:chair

What teams will offer him a max deal under this new cap? Pronger and Scotty Niedermeyer are both looking for it, and I'm not so sure they'll get it, unless it's a team that currently has a low payroll and is looking to upgrade e.g The Thrashers and Blackhawks.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
20 bucks says the Slackhawks don't make the playoffs.  Only for you.

:bringit

Trust me and my 13 years of experience when I say this... You don't want to bet this dude on hockey. You might as well start making out the check now.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
What teams will offer him a max deal under this new cap? Pronger and Scotty Niedermeyer are both looking for it, and I'm not so sure they'll get it, unless it's a team that currently has a low payroll and is looking to upgrade e.g The Thrashers and Blackhawks.

It wont be the Slackhawks........not with Dollar Bill calling the shots. If anything he'll make a lowball offer then whine to the fans about how he "tried" to get him in a Hawks sweater.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
Trust me and my 13 years of experience when I say this... You don't want to bet this dude on hockey.  You might as well start making out the check now.

I stand by what I said. The Slacks havent done anything to put themselves in a position to contend for anything but tee times in florida in April.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
I stand by what I said.  The Slacks havent done anything to put themselves in a position to contend for anything but tee times in florida in April.

Are you going to ever say something about hockey that, you know, isn't "Wirtz is teh sux0rs!"...?

For those who care, the 'Hawks open up on Wednesday, October 5th, against the Mighty Ducks.