Steve Phillips on GMs

BlackBetsy

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
What does Phillips say about KW?

nothin good, talks about how KW is agressive, and hes real personal with other GMs asks about their families etc. he said KW gets obsessed, when he liked player on another team he will call and offer, if they reject hell make a different offer, and same thing again. he said hes not afraid to make a deal and is one of the best at doing so

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Steve Phillips shouldn't be allowed to comment on anything.  He was the worst gm in baseball when he was with the Mets and yet he's allowed to break down deals and gm's??? :huh:

he did get to a world series tho

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
he did get to a world series tho

True, he built that house up quick. But he sure burned it down twice as quick. There is a reason he isnt a GM at this point, Im not sure any owner would trust Steve Phillips with his money.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
what did he say abotu anyone that wasn't true or is this an excuse to have a Steve Philips roast? Predictable.

I didn't read the article so I don't have any clue. I just find it hilarious that a guy who was an awful gm is allowed to break down deals on espn.