bill hicks

hi8is

have you heard of bill before?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. have you heard of bill before?

• yes, and i love his stuff
    • yes, and sorry, rip.. but he sucked
    • no

bill hicks was one of the most talented stand up acts known to man. he passed away before he could see the comercial sucess he is now garnishing. compared to richard prior, lenny bruce, and andy kaufman by his peers bill hicks was adored by jay leno, brett butler, rodney dangerfield, john cleese, george carlin, and thom yorke of radiohead.. among many others.

his acts were priceless, socialy aware, spiritually challanging, and at times... just down-right crude/ruthless. he was often found yealing and dancing around on the stage while cussing out his audiance. his own ammusement was, at times, more important then the audiances.

if you havent heard of bill hicks and are a fan of comedy, i highly suggest you check out a dvd that was released last year. it has a pretty good documentry and 3 complete hick's shows.

here is amazon.coms page for the dvd. its at most best buy locations as well.

if you have already heard of bill hicks, you might be entralled with a new biography which was writen by two of his best life long "brothers" kevin booth and michael bertin

here is the link: http://www.sacredcow.com/allnew/index_cont...=agent_preorder

thanks for reading, hope you enjoy

if you have heard of bill, please post something here about him.

oh, and... :gosox1:

Bill Hicks was awesome, but was he really that funny? I mean, I found myself either thinking hell yeah, or even rasing an eyebrow to some of the things he said, but never really laughing out loud. Like a lot of the better comics, he was more insightful, angry and witty. IMO of course.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
Bill Hicks was awesome, but was he really that funny? I mean, I found myself either thinking hell yeah, or even rasing an eyebrow to some of the things he said, but never really laughing out loud. Like a lot of the better comics, he was more insightful, angry and witty. IMO of course.

He had his moments where he was pretty witty and I was laughing pretty hard. He was more of a thinking man's comedian as you said.

I loved Bill Hicks' comedy, and it sucks that he's not around now.

I was fortunate enough to see him perform 3 times, and my only complaint about him at all is that he tended to get a little repetitive.

It would have been very interesting to see his take on the world today.