Any interest in Mike Sweeney ???

spiderman

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Right now KW has to decide what our biggest priority is. Right now our #1 priority is the bullpen- and it looks like either Baez or Wagner appear to be on KW's wish list. After that his 2nd priority is a hot stick. And to tell you the truth Sweeney makes sense- but Sweeney is the face of that organization and it would take ALOT to bring him over here. So KW will look at other options- Huff, Overbay, Griffey, Kearns, exe... His last priority will be a starting pitcher- do we need Schmidt or Burnett? Can we aqcuire Burnett then trade him  for Wagner? It will be interesting in the next 2 days to see what KW does.

I agree with your thoughts. It sounds like the Baez trade possibility is heating up....I'm not really sold on him, but we could use another reliever....

QUOTE(scotty22hotty @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
lock this thread (or move it)

:bang

WE NEED BULLPEN HELP, KONG IS OUR 1B

Kong sucks major ass and is a FA after the season. We will not be signing Anti-Clutch anytime soon. He would have no impact as to why we would not be acquiring Sweeney.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
I was thinking the same thing.

Definitely a valid point, and Sweeney does miss quite a few games each season....I guess the only counter to that would be we could DH him at times, putting Gload at 1B, but I'd understand if health issues took the Sox in a different direction.