Where's the luv for El Duque?

JUGGERNAUT

He's one of my favorite players. Has been since he first came up with the NYY$. Freak of nature pitchers like him have always fascinated me. Was he ever dealing from the mound yesterday. I was out but I was listening to Farmer & Rooney. The Sosa at bats where something SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET to listen to.

It's no wonder the NYY$ keep calling KW to get him back :lol

We're WS bound if El Duque stays healthy baby! Just you watch!

I've always liked El Duque. The fact is that I expected far more from him than Contreras. Despite the records Contreras has pitched better IMHO. I'm concerned about his age and his health. I've never questioned his ability and his heart. The way he sets up hitters without any overpowering stuff is great to watch. It's pitching, not throwing like a lot of mediocre hurlers do.

His playoff stats from 2000 and before make his career postseason numbers slightly misleading. That was five years ago. Since then his postseason stats haven't been exceptionally good or bad. I still would not start him above any of our top three starters in the postseason and would be wary about starting him in any game four.

He would be better off out of the pen IMO come October because then we don't risk having the problem of 100 pitches thrown by the 4th or 5th inning, and other relievers stay loose throughout.