Ozzie's "homosexual" remark

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
We'll have to agree to disagree. :cheers

Very sorry LMB, but it is demeaning and insensitive. It's not what you'd call politically correct and the fact that it happens here, and no one raises hell about it .. but other issues bring on the wrath of the posters ... is totally hypocritical.

Just my opinion and no disrespect to you, but that's the way I see it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
I wonder how many that are critical of Ozzie for being politically incorrect are the same people who regularly slur Latinos by trying to phonetically spell out Ozzie's quotes. 

I know this much.  None of you high and mighty stone throwers said a damn thing about this when any of the numerous occurances happened.  You seem to be somewhat selective in what you consider politically correct and what you consider offensive.

This is the second time I've mentioned this practice as being slanderous toward Latinos.  The first time I mentioned it, it was not even responded to, iirc. 

Then we can talk about how nobody seems to get upset when someone considers residents of the southern US as dumb hillbillies.  I've called several people out on that, and the problem seems to have gone away here on Soxtalk.  Thankfully.  However, I had to get somewhat beligerant to get this accomplished. 

I guess it all depends on what is consider cool to get in an uproar about, and what is "no big deal".  I know this much.  There damn sure is not any consistancy in it.

I agree with you. Making fun of someone's heritage is not cool. It's different when people of the same background rib each other - like when blacks use the N word or LMB teases his parents - there is nothing wrong with that, but when someone who is Anglo, for instance, makes fun of Ozzie's accent, that's not acceptable. I want to say, "How well do you speak foreign languages?"

I just wanted to point out that I'm consistent. There is nothing wrong with sensitivity. Anti-PC people just want a license to be dicks to everyone.