Gary Ward to join Williams?

CWSOX45

Well at least Konerko was hitting his to right field on his double play.  Magglio is really trying to pull everything.

We couldn't get Walker or a new philosphy up here too soon.  BRING UP A NEW COACH NOW

Amen brother.

CWSOX45

I have no problem with a dp if the approach is right. The last few I've seen Konerko hit into he's been using the right approach. I really haven't seen maggs try to shoot it opposite field much at all this season. The sad thing is, his entire career he has been willing to do that. What I want to know is what are people telling him. Is Ward telling him to hit more homers or something. If he is he needs to shut up. Homers come. You got to preach to all your hitters to hit to right field and take your hits cause any good hitting coach would know, when you do that you'll get inside pitches to drive and the homers will come.

Guest hotsoxchick1
The way this season is going he should be fired along with Williams.

CWSOX45

von was cut loose for much less................

The hitting approach of this team sucks. As an 11 year old i learned that you had to hit the ball to the opposite field. It may not have made sense at the time, but it sure got results. You cannot smoke a ball to left field if it is outer half, is this not obvious? Ward's approach is absolute horse s***. There's no reason this team shouldn't be just hammering the ball ALL OVER the field, not just left. This team has talent. When talent doesn't equal results, look to the coaching. I'm really sick of this. Thomas pulls an outside pitch, groundout. Like Jason said, Maggs had a good approach and drove a ball. Granted it should have been caught (what the hell was with byrnes glove), but you will get many hits that way. This is really frustrating.

And i'm sick of Hawk and DJ talking about how they are "pressing" and all this "pressure" nonsense. That's a load of crap, it's all mental!!!!! It doesn't matter how relaxed you are at the plate, if your approach sucks, your at bats will follow.

How did Ward's prize pupil, Frank Thomas look tonight.  I didn't see the game.  Any more jackknifes?

Struck out looking on an inside fastball in the first, and i know he grounded out to short i believe cuz he tried to pull an outside pitch, then he took a s*** swing and flew out. In a word, crap.

Thomas is the one person you can't blame Ward for. Ward doesn't do crap with him. Thomas was at least more agressive, but oh well. He got quite a few meatballs today.

Konerko was impressing me trying to go opposite field and he has been doing so for a while. Him and Olivo have been about the only guys willing to do so lately.

I'm with KOCH 100% in what he says.

How many times have you heard an announcer say "you know that when he's hitting the ball the opposite way, he's about to break out of his slump." I've heard it endless times...and here's the thing...they are right in saying it! Maybe if this team started having a better approach at the plate they would break out of their slumps. This will be especially true if Konerko begins to hit and everyone else in the middle of the order still struggles.

Gee, i guess i found the answer to our hitting problems.