I really wish Frank would shut up

aboz56

"This [speculation] happens every year with different managers," Frank Thomas said. "It's part of the business. But we have to worry about what's in this locker room right now—keeping it together and playing hard."

Can the players rally around a beleaguered manager?

"We need to rally around for ourselves," Thomas said. "We've stunk it up. We have to play winning baseball and put things in perspective, man per man."

Then do it and quit talking about it. I am really tired of him and Konerko being quoted everyday and they are two of the main reasons that the offense is stinking it up. QUIT TALKING AND PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :fyou

The the f***ing reporters need to stay out of his face! They are there day after day asking him what's going on, etc, etc.. If he doesn't give a quote then he's an asshole. Which way do you want it cause you can't have it both.

I didn't criticize him when he didn't talk. I actually didn't care because I didn't have to wake up and read these stupid ass quotes about how we need to play harder yada yada yada. No kidding we do. Thanks for pointing out the obvious Frank.

I didn't criticize him when he didn't talk.  I actually didn't care because I didn't have to wake up and read these stupid ass quotes about how we need to play harder yada yada yada.  No kidding we do.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious Frank.

Maybe YOU didn't.. but the rest of the free world did. As for pointing out the obvious.. maybe the itiot reporters shouldn't ask such stupid ass questions?

When he didn't talk to the media he was criticized. Now he talks and he's criticized. The guy can't win.

agreed -

I think it is cool that Frank is speaking up -

I also wish he would start hitting, too - glad he is at leat drawing walks - ,someone needs to get on base somehow and he is at least doing that -

I hate the media. They need to leave Frank alone. or if they do ask him questions, ask him some intelligent thinking questions. Like "what can you do to improve your .226 BA?" Id like to here Frank talk about that. Or something about KW. I bet he would have valuable insight into one of those kinds of things...

When Botch and Valentin talk about the players needing to step up they are praised, Frank does it and it's wrong? Explain that one to me?

"We need to rally around for ourselves," Thomas said. "We've stunk it up. We have to play winning baseball and put things in perspective, man per man."

I'd agree 100% with that, he isn't looking for excuses, what's the problem here?

When Botch and Valentin talk about the players needing to step up they are praised, Frank does it and it's wrong?  Explain that one to me?

I'd agree 100% with that, he isn't looking for excuses, what's the problem here?

Ooh, thats a good point, altho Val has played well enough to tell others to shape up. I prefer that he dont, but it is acceptable if he does. But Koch shouldnt be talking. Loaiza has talked recently and hes played well enough to do so. And Frank is a legend so he has the right to talk about how others need to shape up...