3. Home Run Chase

4. Jackie Robinson becoming the first African American to Play MLB

5. Hank Aarons Record Breaking Homer

6. Pete Rose's record breaking hit

7. Ted Williams being the last to hit over. 400

8. Joe DiMaggio's 55 game hit streak

9. Kirk Gibson's Pinch Hit Home Run

10. Nolan Ryan's 7th career no hitter

I think Gerhigs farewell speech was right before Rose.

I think it was

1. Ripkens Consecutive Games Streak

2. Home Run Chase

3. Jackie Robinson becoming the first African American to Play MLB

4. Hank Aarons Record Breaking Homer

5. Pete Rose's record breaking hit

6. Gerhig's Farewell Speach

Ted Williams being the last to hit over. 400

8. Joe DiMaggio's 55 game hit streak

9. Kirk Gibson's Pinch Hit Home Run

10. Nolan Ryan's 7th career no hitter

I personally didn't like it. I thought Williams should've been further up as well as Dimaggio's streak. that home run chase in 1998 was an utter joke.

Fisk

Mays

Mazaroski

Pardon the spelling(rye to blame) but I thought of moments and the home run chase and Ripken reconrd didn't rank in my opinion. Further I saw Jason nait with that Rose reference and I'll bite , however I agree in that I was surprised about Rose too, I have the unpopular opinion that to be a hall of famer you have to represent the best that is baseball and for Rose to qualify he has to show some contrition.

Is a streak really a "moment"??

What did they vote for? The MOMENT that his name was announced to make it official? The MOMENT that the lineup card was handed to the ump? The MOMENT he stepped into the batter's box??? WHAT????

I'm sorry, but that's f***ing STUPID.

My top 5 moments:

Bill Buckner

Leon Durham

Ball Four causing Milt Pappas to lose perfect game with 2 out in 9th inning

Randy Myers decking "fan"

Reggie Jackson picking up change being thrown at him in right field at Comiskey

Re: Pete Rose

For what it's worth, I don't think Pete Rose should have to apologize for anything he did after he stopped playing the game in order to get into the Hall Of Fame as a player.

When you get more hits than anyone else who ever played, you should be there. Otherwise, I think the Hall loses credibility.

Not trying to diminish anyone else's opinions, because a lot of good points have been made for the other argument, but I just don't connect Pete Rose the player with Pete Rose the manager or Pete Rose the private citizen. They stick asterisks on everything else, just stick one on his induction that means "As A Player Only".

even though I'm for Rose going to the HOF, credibility coincides with rules. The rule was that any player or manager who gets caught betting on his team is automatically out of the game for life.

If they make the exception for him, where do they stop? the mlb has to stick to their guns too.

if Rose goes back in though, Jackson should go back in also.

Originally posted by The Critic

Re: Pete Rose

For what it's worth, I don't think Pete Rose should have to apologize for anything he did after he stopped playing the game in order to get into the Hall Of Fame as a player.

When you get more hits than anyone else who ever played, you should be there. Otherwise, I think the Hall loses credibility.

Not trying to diminish anyone else's opinions, because a lot of good points have been made for the other argument, but I just don't connect Pete Rose the player with Pete Rose the manager or Pete Rose the private citizen. They stick asterisks on everything else, just stick one on his induction that means "As A Player Only".

I am the exact opposite. As far as I'm concerned he should never see the Hall till he admits what he does. The guy is an amazing player but he gambled, and gambled a lot. All the evidence is their, its why Rose agreed to what the comissioner did a long time ago, banning him from baseball.

If he doesn't agree with it, then why not let them bring all the evidence public and let a court decide.

Rose gambled and in the books gambling is illegal and you can't reward him by putting him in the hall.

I'm in agreement with some of the posters here. Sure, Cal Ripken breaking Gehrig's consecutive games played streak was a feat of historic accomplishment. But was it the best baseball moment? The best baseball moment should be something that is ingrained in your mind, i.e. Bill Buckner, Carlton Fisk, etc.

I agree with ya Cubkilla.

When you think back, I remember all the gyrations that Fisk went through when he hit the homer, but I sure don't remember everything Cal did during the streak and while running around the field after it.

IT was a great record, but that wasn't the greatest moment ever. Gehrigs speach was better, Mark's record breaking home run was better. Robinson being the first african american was better. Kirk Gibsons homerun was better.

I'm sure they are plenty others that are better moments too, that I'm forgetting.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I agree with ya Cubkilla. 

When you think back, I remember all the gyrations that Fisk went through when he hit the homer, but I sure don't remember everything Cal did during the streak and while running around the field after it.

IT was a great record, but that wasn't the greatest moment ever.  Gehrigs speach was better, Mark's record breaking home run was better.  Robinson being the first african american was better.  Kirk Gibsons homerun was better.

I'm sure they are plenty others that are better moments too, that I'm forgetting.

How about, "THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT, THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!" That didn't even make the list I don't think. Or Mr October. Or ShamME losing $20,000.....

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Yes they do, no fans and you got no baseball.

The people who vote for things like this, are people who hold up signs during a potential strike and say "I pay your salary, and your greedy and stupid". Yet they payed to get into the ballpark.

I love those people.

All you need is luxury boxes. That'll happen one day soon, where more than half a stadium is luxury boxes.

I happen to vote for some of those things, like the all star game.

I think most fans that go do, and I know I was pissed if the players went on strike and I was completely on the owners side.

Its ridiculous how much money they make and they think that they can tell baseball they can't remove two places.

Thats like a major company shutting down a branch because its losing money in that location and the employees say no, you can't do it. Last I knew this was a capitalistic company and you have the right to free enterprise and all that other stuff.

I happen to vote for some of those things, like the all star game.

I think most fans that go do, and I know I was pissed if the players went on strike and I was completely on the owners side.

Its ridiculous how much money they make and they think that they can tell baseball they can't remove two places.

Thats like a major company shutting down a branch because its losing money in that location and the employees say no, you can't do it. Last I knew this was a capitalistic company and you have the right to free enterprise and all that other stuff.