From behind enemy lines

sox-r-us

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
You people who are so cocky will be best served by not commenting.

I don't CARE that Boston doesn't have the pitching.  IMO, yesterday's game makes them even MORE dangerous.  This is kind of like wounding the tiger.  The tiger comes back at you even more pissed off.

David Wells is a fatass, but he's a very smart fat ass.  Don't count these guys out yet.  You NEVER underestimate your opponent in the playoffs until the series is over.  THEN you underestimate them while you're celebrating.  PERIOD.  Any other mindset, write down some tee times for next week.

Your reference to the pitching staff comparison makes me think my post is the one that rankled you. That was an expressed opinion based on years of watching this game, it's not ... make that "NOT" ... an expression of cockiness. I'm very aware of the quality of the Red Sox as a team and in no way do I think we have this wrapped up. I like our chances, but .... Ya know what I mean?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
You people who are so cocky will be best served by not commenting.

I don't CARE that Boston doesn't have the pitching.  IMO, yesterday's game makes them even MORE dangerous.  This is kind of like wounding the tiger.  The tiger comes back at you even more pissed off.

David Wells is a fatass, but he's a very smart fat ass.  Don't count these guys out yet.  You NEVER underestimate your opponent in the playoffs until the series is over.  THEN you underestimate them while you're celebrating.  PERIOD.  Any other mindset, write down some tee times for next week.

Good points. We should also keep in mind the Sox offensive output after scoring double digits in the previous game. I'm not expecting more than 3 runs tonight.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 5, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
I refuse to count the chickens before they have hatched.  The game 1 win was sweet, but that is all it is 1 win and this series needs 3.

GO WHITE SOX!

Agreed. We haven't one anything but 1 game so far. Two things it might be good to keep in mind are, this was the biggest playoff offensive output by the Sox since game one of the 1959 World Series and the 5 run first inning, the most runs in an inning since the 1993 ALCS against Toronto. Neither of those turned so well for The Sox. I feel real good about our chances, but it's no time to celebrate.