Congrats from a Florida baseball fan

Beetle

Hi! Baseball fan from the Sunshine State here to congratulate all White Sox fans on their Pennant win.

This is my first post here, though I've visited the site on occassion. Even though I am a Marlins fan first and foremost (and regular poster on MarlinsBaseball.com -- where I got the link that brought me here), I've much love and respect for the White Sox for different reasons -- one of them being that I've been a huge fan of Frank Thomas since the early 1990's and have rooted for the guy through the years. Even though it's sad that he got hurt and couldn't play, the fact that he was there in body and spirit backing his teammates makes me happy for him nonetheless. I know he wishes he could play, but he's enjoying it regardless, and I'm thrilled for him.

And, as you probably know, Marlins fans in general are very fond of Ozzie from his coaching days with us. We miss him dearly, but we're also very happy to see him succeed.

I'm also very grateful for the all the support Sox fans have given the Marlins the last two seasons, especially in that "hurricane series" at the Cell in 2004. For those of you who showed up for that series: thanks -- you guys rock.

Good luck in the World Series -- and, again, congratulations!

Edited by Beetle

QUOTE(Beetle @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Hi! Baseball fan from the Sunshine State here to congratulate all White Sox fans on their Pennant win.

This is my first post here, though I've visited the site on occassion. Even though I am a Marlins fan first and foremost (and regular poster on MarlinsBaseball.com -- where I got the link that brought me here), I've much love and respect for the White Sox for different reasons -- one of them being that I've been a huge fan of Frank Thomas since the early 1990's and have rooted for the guy through the years. Even though it's sad that he got hurt and couldn't play, the fact that he was there in body and spirit backing his teammates makes me happy for him nonetheless. I know he wishes he could play, but he's enjoying it regardless, and I'm thrilled for him.

And, as you probably know, Marlins fans in general are very fond of Ozzie from his coaching days with us. We miss him dearly, but we're also very happy to see him succeed.

I'm also very grateful for the all the support Sox fans have given the Marlins the last two seasons,  especially in that "hurricane series" at the Cell in 2004. For those of you who showed up for that series: thanks -- you guys rock.

Thanks for the good wishes and welcome to Soxtalk.

I was at both of those Marlin games at the Cell in 2004. It was a great time. I got a McKeon authograph, as well as a Billy the Marlin autograph.

The Marlin fans I met there were, to a man, stand-up guys who I enjoyed being with. The Marlin fans who go to school with me are also, to a man, stand-up guys.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
I was at both of those Marlin games at the Cell in 2004. It was a great time. I got a McKeon authograph, as well as a Billy the Marlin autograph.

The Marlin fans I met there were, to a man, stand-up guys who I enjoyed being with. The Marlin fans who go to school with me are also, to a man, stand-up guys.

Glad to hear that. Amid all the flack the Marlins get over their lukewarm attendance figures (a long story, believe me), I like to think that the phrase "quality over quantity" applies here. The fanbase is still growing, but the fans we have now are generally amicable and fairly knowledgeable.

QUOTE(Beetle @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)

I'm also very grateful for the all the support Sox fans have given the Marlins the last two seasons,  especially in that "hurricane series" at the Cell in 2004 (against the Cubs). For those of you who showed up for that series: thanks -- you guys rock.

Welcome to Soxtalk, buddy. Any fan of the Marlins is a friend of mine. We Sox fans will forever owe your team for 2003.

QUOTE(Beetle @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
Glad to hear that. Amid all the flack the Marlins get over their lukewarm attendance figures (a long story, believe me), I like to think that the phrase "quality over quantity" applies here. The fanbase is still growing, but the fans we have now are generally amicable and fairly knowledgeable.

You want to talk attendance woes?? We have a team on the other side of the city that draws 2,000,000 to watch the clouds drift by while talking on their cell phones and getting wasted. Then a few baseball fans show up to really inflate the numbers. :D

Y'all have a great franchise, as many WS Championships as teams that have been around 100 more years.