Did anyone just see Dennis Deyoung?

FlaCWS

Keith Olbermann just did a spot on his MSNBC show about the Sox reaching the World Series, and he had Dennis Deyoung (former lead singer of Styx) on as his "celebrity White Sox fan" guest.

The one funny thing Deyoung said is that all these media outlets have been calling him since he's one of the few celebrity Sox fans out there. He named Mayor Daley, Richard Roper and Jesse Jackson as the only others he knows of.

Oh, and he closed the interview by saying "Domo Eregato Mr. Roboto"... what a shmo.

PS - For you young guys, that is a line from a Styx song (a really bad one). :-)

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
Keith Olbermann just did a spot on his MSNBC show about the Sox reaching the World Series, and he had Dennis Deyoung (former lead singer of Styx) on as his "celebrity White Sox fan" guest. 

The one funny thing Deyoung said is that all these media outlets have been calling him since he's one of the few celebrity Sox fans out there. He named Mayor Daley, Richard Roper and Jesse Jackson as the only others he knows of.

Oh, and he closed the interview by saying "Domo Eregato Mr. Roboto"... what a shmo.

PS - For you young guys, that is a line from a Styx song (a really bad one). :-)

i believe hes a graduate of lyons township

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
I see Miss America has joined the discussion, why don't you Come Sail Away?

Look here Mr. Roboto, it's High Time you take a Midnight Ride since you're obviously Born For Adventure and are such a Lonely Child, Babe. Since this is the First Time in a long time (and we may be living on Borrowed Time) that the Sox are in the World Series, and we are just waiting for The Grande Finale, we should get along. But obviously you think you're The Great White Hope and you have to spend your time mocking me. So why don't you and the other Superstars get through this little Cold War?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
Look here Mr. Roboto, it's High Time you take a Midnight Ride since you're obviously Born For Adventure and are such a Lonely Child, Babe. Since this is the First Time in a long time (and we may be living on Borrowed Time) that the Sox are in the World Series, and we are just waiting for The Grande Finale, we should get along. But obviously you think you're The Great White Hope and you have to spend your time mocking me. So why don't you and the other Superstars get through this little Cold War?

th_white_flag.jpg :notworthy :lol:

In 1985 De Young wrote a song called "Run Sox Run."

Have you heard the news?

History is in the making.

Red hots roof shots and the greatest team in town.

People gather round, waiting for the celebration.

Buy me a program, get me a beer.

White Sox fever is here.

Everyone stand and cheer

for 75 great years.

Sox are gonna run, run Sox run.

If there were more verses, I can't think of them offhand. The song rocked, though.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 06:00 AM)

Chris Berman's ghost writer makes himself known to the masses. :P