Who do you fear the most?

bighurt2719

Who will we play?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will we play?

• Cards
    • 'Stros

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
One team has Pujols while the other team has Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettitte.  Either way, it's a tough choice.

I have more confidence in the Sox pitchers being able to handle a great hitter than I do the offense being able to handle great pitching.

I have more confidence in the Sox pitchers being able to handle a great hitter than I do the offense being able to handle great pitching.

Well, they don't just have Pujols. They have an all-around better offense than the Astros. They also play better fundamental baseball. But the ALDS and ALCS have shown us that our pitchers can shut down good hitters. I guess I'd have to agree with you then.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
After what happened in the last series, I say bring either one on!

Pettitte is dinged up. Clemens is dinged up. Oswalt is a damn good pitcher and the only one that really scares me.

Besides Pujols and Eck, who do the Cards have? Sanders, Edmonds and Walker are a combined 354 years old and all have bumps and bruises. They don't have Rolen, they may not have Nunez. We've shut down two Molinas, what's one more? The White Sox will be healthy, rested and riding a FOUR game win streak. I'm not saying we won't lose a game or two (or maybe three), but I can't see either of those teams winning.

*takes off rose colored glasses*

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Pettitte is dinged up.  Clemens is dinged up.  Oswalt is a damn good pitcher and the only one that really scares me.

Besides Pujols and Eck, who do the Cards have?  Sanders, Edmonds and Walker are a combined 354 years old and all have bumps and bruises.  They don't have Rolen, they may not have Nunez.  We've shut down two Molinas, what's one more?  The White Sox will be healthy, rested and riding a FOUR game win streak.  I'm not saying we won't lose a game or two (or maybe three), but I can't see either of those teams winning.

*takes off rose colored glasses*

And now I feel even BETTER ^_^

two talented teams, obviously, but more scared of the Cards.

i'm just speaking in likelihoods here... but the Cards can kill you two ways... with the bats and with solid pitching.

it's true that the 'stros have more shutdown-type starters.... but i dont see us going back to the zero offense part of this year.

half of our run production has been coming with executing on bunt/sacrifice... i'd see us still being able to do that, even agains tthe best pitchers. good enough for a few runs here or there, which is maybe all our staff would need against their lineup.

i want the opponent that lets us play to our strengths...the pitching.

Edited by Princess Dye