Paul flapping the gums on Dan Patrick...

Steff

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Well, he will be.

I agree he'll likely not be here next year.. but could you have a little more respect for your fellow teammates and finish this years job first..?

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
I agree he'll likely not be here next year.. but could you have a little more respect for your fellow teammates and finish this years job first..?

I didn't catch it so I'm not sure of the tone.

He's been fairly PC for a while now, in my opinion. Fairly calm and respectful.

He's been praising his team and basically called the GS luck because it was what he was looking for.

I think I prefer that response than an outright lie. Wouldn't it be worse if he said something like "I want to be a White Sox forever and I never want to leave this city, love the organization and fans, will do everything I can to stay, etc..." and then he bolts?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
I think I prefer that response than an outright lie.  Wouldn't it be worse if he said something like "I want to be a White Sox forever and I never want to leave this city, love the organization and fans, will do everything I can to stay, etc..." and then he bolts?

Agree. Though I would have preferred something witty like.. "hey Dan.. did ya hear we're in the World Series up 2 games to none...??"

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)

Someone asked him the question and he answered it. It's not about finishing the job. That's like someone asking you in the middle of a huuuuge project, so, if Company X came and offered you 3x your salary, would you take it? Of course you would...you wouldn't say, nope, gotta finish this project first. Would you?

I know what you are saying, but it's not as though Paulie was saying...I would LOVE to play for the Red Sox next year. Just, I'm gonna listen to what they have to say.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Someone asked him the question and he answered it.  It's not about finishing the job.  That's like someone asking you in the middle of a huuuuge project, so, if Company X came and offered you 3x your salary, would you take it?  Of course you would...you wouldn't say, nope, gotta finish this project first.  Would you?

I know what you are saying, but it's not as though Paulie was saying...I would LOVE to play for the Red Sox next year.  Just, I'm gonna listen to what they have to say.

Been there, said that. Not that they are comparable in even the slightest way.

QUOTE(HineyBird @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
lay off Paulie he is the cornerstone of this franchise right now

This may be...

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:37 PM)
if we lose paulie, that would be a HUGE mistake. pay him whatever he wants!

... but you do not pay a player of his caliber above 12 million especially at four years plus.

Edited by qwerty

Here's a good article on Konerko having no desire to go to Boston:

Link

On another note I wish you could hear the ESPN local show in LA and how they're making such a huge deal out of this roof/no roof "scandal." Must be a slow day in sports. They're so jaded about the Sox, they're suggesting the league wants the Sox to win and that has something to do with the three disputed calls in the ALCS and WS.

I wish ballplayers would handle a lot of things differently with the press, Oh well.

I think the league wants the Sox to win too. I also think the league does everything it can to make sure it's NY vs. Boston every year too. We are a nice little plan B for them.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Agree. Though I would have preferred something witty like.. "hey Dan.. did ya hear we're in the World Series up 2 games to none...??"

You should give Paulie some advice Steff:

You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: We gotta play it one day at a time.

And my fave: Don't think, it can only hurt the ball club.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
You should give Paulie some advice Steff:

You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: We gotta play it one day at a time.

And my fave: Don't think, it can only hurt the ball club.

LMAO.. If I had a dime for every time I have used that line :cheers

Here's a good article on Konerko having no desire to go to Boston:

Link

I love the breathless style of sports writers being gossip columnists – the unnamed sources that the writer leads us to believe are exclusive to him. Except I think I’ve read these player quotes elsewhere. Another laugher – “Konerko reportedly made $8.75 million this season ….” – as if Mr. Cowley is slipping us privileged information on his earnings. Reportedly? No, as published in any database of MLB salaries.

Oh never mind. I should be happy for all the press the Sox are finally getting.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
Why on earth would they want the WHITE SOX to win?

Seriously?

I mean we're all prejudiced.  But why would MLB want them to win?

They're sick of hearing about fake pseudo-curses too. . .

Of course that means next year they'll have to rig it so the Cubbies win, but you never know. . .

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Why on earth would they want the WHITE SOX to win?

Seriously?

I mean we're all prejudiced.  But why would MLB want them to win?

Jerry's got something on Bud... :ph34r: