Clubhouse Chemistry

Texsox

Is always great when a team is winning. It's all Barney videos and huggy feely when the team is winning. I think we may over emphasize how well this team got along. It may be 50% the great regular season start and 50% the actual players involved. Early on, if some of those bounces go another way, and the team doesn't get off to a lead in 37 straight games, we may not be talking so much about chemistry. In other words, it's a cycle that feeds itself.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 07:49 AM)
Is always great when a team is winning. It's all Barney videos and huggy feely when the team is winning. I think we may over emphasize how well this team got along. It may be 50% the great regular season start and 50% the actual players involved. Early on, if some of those bounces go another way, and the team doesn't get off to a lead in 37 straight games, we may not be talking so much about chemistry. In other words, it's a cycle that feeds itself.

sure.

I agree except to say that the team seemed to stay strong and rally around each other when the lead was being whittled away by Cleveland. Those were trying times, and I have seen teams crack under that pressure and look for someone to blame ( see 2003 and 2004 Cubs ). It's a testament to this team that no one threw anyone under the bus. Even Carlito Loco was crying about himself ( being dropped from the 3 hole ) and not whining about anyone else.

This team did have great chemistry. I was reading the special pullout from the Tribune on the Sox. It talked about all the players would go hang out at bars and resteraunts after days games. They were always playing card games with each other and whenever they saw Ozzie or Kenny, they would invite them in to play. This team probably had the biggest family atmosphere that I can remember.

They had very good chemistry to begin. I think that some of them being "cast offs" from other places helped minimize ego inflation. Also, I sense guys like Rowand are genuinely nice people.

I give credit to Ozzie especially during the tough weeks in August and September. Other teams have and would have started finger-pointing.