US Cellular Rennovation Video

joeynach

At the website of the company who designed most of the rennovations for US Cellular Field there is this strange video showing a RF deck (similar to Fundamentals). I dont know if anyone has seen this before, its just strange.

http://www.hksinc.com/

Then go to Portfolio/Visualization/US Cellular Field/Video A (in right corner)

My interpretation is that the RF deck is a good idea but it looks identical to the one in LF, the fundamentals deck. If they are serisouly considering or planning on doing something like this make it unique and interesting, not symetrical to LF. We are trying to stay away from the symmety and blandness thing. If we put something up in LF make it like the Miller Lite Party deck at soldier field or the Budweiser one at Turner Field.

QUOTE(infohawk @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I don't want to perpetuate false information, but I thought I heard somewhere that they nixed the home run porch and the only renovation left was the green seats.  Anyone know if this is true?

You are correct.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...lpark/index.jsp

In 2003, the Chicago White Sox and U.S. Cellular forged a unique partnership, renaming the ballpark U.S. Cellular Field. This agreement created the opportunity for dramatic, fan-focused renovations and improvements to the park. A fully renovated U.S. Cellular Field is expected to be completed by Opening Day 2006.

U.S. Cellular Field Goes Green

New green seats are being installed at U.S. Cellular Field over the next calendar year, changing the color of the 14-year-old ballpark's seating area from blue to forest green. The installation of new seats takes place in addition to Phase V renovations completed prior to the 2005 season, which included a multilevel interactive FUNdamentals skills deck in left field and a Scout Seating area located behind home plate.

Green seats were installed in the Club Level, Scout Seats and bleachers before Opening Day 2005. The remaining seats, beginning with the upper level, will be replaced as weather allows during the 2005 season and 2005-2006 offseason. Full installation is scheduled to be completed by Opening Day 2006. Aisle seats in each row will feature one of the club's historical logos.