wilder to interview for boston's gm job

thedoctor

After the great job KW and his staff did putting this team together for 2005 I expect to see more stories like this. If KW and crew can do another fine job for 2006 it will only be stronger, and KW's name will start being thrown around for other positions, so does anybody know what his contract status is?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 18, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
Off memory ( a bad one sometimes) I thought KW was up after this coming season but I don't really know. Lets hope Wilder gets it. He deserves a look and you should root for organization guys to get a chance to lead elsewhere even if selfishly you want them to stay

Wilder was interviewed on WEEI last night and I was impressed.

The Boston media reports this morning that it was Wilder who convinced Williams that Jenks was ready to be the closer and they didn't need to make a trade for one.

Lucchino, when asked about Wilder, cited four characteristics supporting his candidacy: diverse baseball experiences, an encouraging track record with different organizations in player development, a World Series championship this year, and the endorsement of White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

Wilder, in published reports, has been credited on several occasions for lending valued input in White Sox GM Ken Williams's decision-making process. Wilder reportedly recommended that Williams deal for shortstop Juan Uribe and volatile designated hitter Carl Everett, pursue Japanese prospect Tadahito Iguchi, and sign controversial catcher A.J. Pierzynski. Wilder also helped talk Williams into not dealing for a closer when Dustin Hermanson was ailing, believing that Double A flamethrower Bobby Jenks could step into the vacuum.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...rch_relaunched/

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
For the Sox's sake, I hope Wilder stays, but for his I hope he gets the GM job.  He has a great baseball mind.

Wilder was received well by the Boston media

link below includes video

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/

David Wilder, the man who picked Bobby Jenks off the waiver wire for the Chicago White Sox, yesterday became the latest candidate for the Red Sox general manager's job to be formally introduced to the media. (By Nick Cafardo, Today's Globe)