Smart Cubs Fans on XM Radio

SoxFan1

OR NOT! I could not stop laughing after these 2 Cub fans called into XM Radio talking about The Mientekiwicz last-out ball and the issue of salary cap/relocation/retraction. The 1st guy comes on and says the last out ball should be on display at the stadium. He followed with (and I quote) "Ya know, I hope the Cubs win the World Series this year and if they do, I'd want them to diplay it at Wrigley instead of at Cooperstown. Only someone crazy would go up there to see the ball...I know I wouldn't. I mean people come up here to see the Cubs but only crazy people would go up there."

My comments: 1st off dumbass, the Cubs will not be winning a World Series in 2006. 2nd, of course your lazy ass wouldn't drive up to see the ball...you just go to games to get drunk. 3rd, he obviously doesnt know much because the only people that take time away from their schedules (which don't include work either way because they are Cubs fans) to go see the Cubs at Wrigley are f***ing people from Iowa!!!! Lastly, no, people are not crazy for driving a distance to see the last-out ball or any piece of memorabilia from a World Series championship, they are true fans, not crazy fans. f***er!

On top of all this, while I am laughing at this guy, the 2nd cub fan calls and says the Marlins should move to Acapulco or Mexico City............................

I'll leave that one alone. :headshake :fthecubs

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
...about The Mientekiwicz last-out ball and the issue of salary cap/relocation/retraction.

I understand the significance of the last ball/curse being broken, etc. tied to this ball, but I don't really understand why someone would want to see it. It looks like every other ball that was used in the WS. It isn't mystical. What do you do, make a pilgrimage to see it, look at it for 10 seconds, and say "Wow!"? Then what?

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Dec 2, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
I understand the significance of the last ball/curse being broken, etc. tied to this ball, but I don't really understand why someone would want to see it.  It looks like every other ball that was used in the WS.  It isn't mystical.  What do you do, make a pilgrimage to see it, look at it for 10 seconds, and say "Wow!"?  Then what?

Both the Red Sox, and DM should look at Konerkos actions and compare it to theirs. Look in the mirror and wonder what kind of a person are they.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
OR NOT! I could not stop laughing after these 2 Cub fans called into XM Radio talking about The Mientekiwicz last-out ball and the issue of salary cap/relocation/retraction. The 1st guy comes on and says the last out ball should be on display at the stadium. He followed with (and I quote) "Ya know, I hope the Cubs win the World Series this year and if they do, I'd want them to diplay it at Wrigley instead of at Cooperstown. Only someone crazy would go up there to see the ball...I know I wouldn't. I mean people come up here to see the Cubs but only crazy people would go up there."

My comments: 1st off dumbass, the Cubs will not be winning a World Series in 2006. 2nd, of course your lazy ass wouldn't drive up to see the ball...you just go to games to get drunk. 3rd, he obviously doesnt know much because the only people that take time away from their schedules (which don't include work either way because they are Cubs fans) to go see the Cubs at Wrigley are f***ing people from Iowa!!!! Lastly, no, people are not crazy for driving a distance to see the last-out ball or any piece of memorabilia from a World Series championship, they are true fans, not crazy fans. f***er!

On top of all this, while I am laughing at this guy, the 2nd cub fan calls and says the Marlins should move to Acapulco or Mexico City............................

I'll leave that one alone.  :headshake  :fthecubs

Love it! :lol:

:gosox1:

:cheers