Abreu to Dodgers???

ptatc

I just heard on MLB XM that the latest is a deal with Abreu going to the dodgers. Anyone else have any information. I don't see on the board anywhere.

Sorry there should a ? in the title but I don't know how to change it.

Thank you mods

Edited by ptatc

Last I heard on the radio (this was a while ago) was that it would be either Lowe or Penny.

Let me be the 1st to say if the Dodgers can move one of those guys (and there larger contracts) for Abreu than I think it would be a good move. At the same time, they both are good pitchers (I wouldn't call either great) who would help Philly (since they are looking for pitching).

Coletti has been a very agressive GM and he has a very strong system to use (whether he wants to develop a few guys this year or to use some of those guys to get him quality major leaguer players).

The problem is he has JD Drew and Odalis Perez on the books and both of them should be long gone (too bad Drew has zero trade value).

IF they can move Lowe, its a slightly better deal ebcause he is older, has a longer deal, and makes more money. Lowe is the perfect pitcher for the park in Philly too. IF its Penny, its still not a bad deadl but probably not quite as good. Plus, if they do Lowe, they probably odn't have to have many cash considerations. Makes sens fro both sides. What do the Phils want to do in right if they move Bobby? Jason Michaels?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
IF they can move Lowe, its a slightly better deal ebcause he is older, has a longer deal, and makes more money. Lowe is the perfect pitcher for the park in Philly too. IF its Penny, its still not a bad deadl but probably not quite as good. Plus, if they do Lowe, they probably odn't have to have many cash considerations.  Makes sens fro both sides. What do the Phils want to do in right if they move Bobby? Jason Michaels?

Only one thing, Lowe is a workhorse without any serious injuries while Brad Penny has had some injury problems. For that reason alone I'd probably part ways with Penny before I parted ways with Lowe.

The sinkerballer Lowe would be a good pickup for the Phils though (considering there park).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Only one thing, Lowe is a workhorse without any serious injuries while Brad Penny has had some injury problems.  For that reason alone I'd probably part ways with Penny before I parted ways with Lowe. 

The sinkerballer Lowe would be a good pickup for the Phils though (considering there park).

neither of them is nearly as valuable as Abreu.

Lowe never knows if he wants to be good or bad, and Penny is always injured and getting older.

Steve Phillips on ESPN News had the followig

Dodgers give --- Lowe and Drew

Boston gives Manny and Nixon

Phils give Abreu

Dodgers - Manny

Phils - Lowe/Nixon

Boston gets - Abreu/Drew

I would like to think I am missing something but don't the Phillies get jobbed her? All money is about the same. Manny played for Grady Little as did Lowe..........

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Steve Phillips on ESPN News had the followig

Dodgers give --- Lowe and Drew

Boston gives Manny and Nixon

Phils give Abreu

Dodgers -  Manny

Phils -  Lowe/Nixon

Boston gets - Abreu/Drew

I would like to think I am missing something but don't the Phillies get jobbed her?  All money is about the same.  Manny played for Grady Little as did Lowe..........

Wow...that would be a terrific deal for the Red Sox. OF would be Abreu (RF), JD Drew (LF) and Damon (CF) (assuming re-signed). That's a TON of production out of the outfield.

2005 VORP:

Abreu 56.8

Damon 49.2

Drew (using 2004 VORP) 78.7

Total = 184.7

2005 VORP:

Manny 68.6

Damon 49.2

Nixon 21.6

Total = 139.4

Shoot, JD Drew was pretty good in 2005 even though he played only 72 games.