Kenny is a mad man

HoosierSox

Most GMs after winning a World Series would just sit back and try to keep the same team together. Not Kenny, he is acting like a GM desperate to win a World Series and thats the right attitude to take after winning the World Series. Props to Kenny for not just sitting back and basking in the glory which he could have easily done.

I agree that he is taking the right approach. I would too seeing that teams like Toronto and the Red Sox are also getting better, (teams that will be trying to win it all just like the White Sox and now have become better), Kenny can't sit back and wish for things to happen, He has to make things happen. Plus the division will get a bit more competitive with KC and Detroit making moves too. Now we wont just run over them when we play them, now there'll be a bit of a challenge. I like everything KW has been doing this offseason.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
I agree that he is taking the right approach.  I would too seeing that teams like Toronto and the Red Sox are also getting better, (teams that will be trying to win it all just like the White Sox and now have become better), Kenny can't sit back and wish for things to happen,  He has to make things happen.  Plus the division will get a bit more competitive with KC and Detroit making moves too.  Now we wont just run over them when we play them, now there'll be a bit of a challenge.  I like everything KW has been doing this offseason.

I know they added Beckett, but they have lost Renteria and it looks like they will lose Damon and possibly Manny. Mueller is gone and Schilling is one year older. How have they improved? And the Blue Jays? Come on, they're the Blue Jays. The Angels used to scare me, but we proved that we can dominate them (even though they were Colon-less). That only leaves Oakland and the Yankees as the teams that look like threats. Oakland never succeeds in the playoffs and the Yankees have been finding ways to lose with all that talent, so I don't see anyone but ourselves in the way of a second straight pennant.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Dec 14, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
I know they added Beckett, but they have lost Renteria and it looks like they will lose Damon and possibly Manny. Mueller is gone and Schilling is one year older. How have they improved? And the Blue Jays? Come on, they're the Blue Jays. The Angels used to scare me, but we proved that we can dominate them (even though they were Colon-less).  That only leaves Oakland and the Yankees as the teams that look like threats.  Oakland never succeeds in the playoffs and the Yankees have been finding ways to lose with all that talent, so I don't see anyone but ourselves in the way of a second straight pennant.

If you don't think Boston has improved then the Yankees sure as hell haven't. Neither of those teams scare me to be honest. The A's are going to be good but they do not scare me come playoff time, to be honest the two teams that scare me the most in the AL are in our own division, Twins moreso then the Tribe.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 15, 2005 -> 05:26 AM)
If you don't think Boston has improved then the Yankees sure as hell haven't.  Neither of those teams scare me to be honest.  The A's are going to be good but they do not scare me come playoff time, to be honest the two teams that scare me the most in the AL are in our own division, Twins moreso then the Tribe.

going into the season, the AL east doesn't scare me anymore. in the past i always thought bos owned us.

in the west, the A's is the team, regardless of the playoff.

in our own division, yeah cle and twins are the teams to watch out for. i am liking in what i see of our team next yr.