Fantasy Football

One of the leagues I am in is a "dynasty league". We can keep anywhere from 2 - 6 players. You must keep at least 2 players, but no more than 6. We can't keep more than 1 QB, more than 2 RBs, more than 2 WRs, or more than 1 TE. We are also not allowed to keep Kickers or D/ST. I have been in it for a while and it is quite different from my other league. It really keeps my interest.

My season ended in the semi-finals with a starting team of Kurt Warner (got hurt), LaDanian (where was he?), Larry Johnson (FREAKING AWESOME!), Torry Holt (How consistent is he?), Anquan Boldin (the next T.O.?), Jeremy Shockey, Neil Rackers, and Miami Dolphins D/ST.

Since that week I have made 2 trades. I traded away LaDanian and in return I received Carson Palmer, Willis McGahee, and a 2nd round pick in next year's draft. I then traded that 2nd round pick, Jeremy Shockey, and Randy Moss and received Antonio Gates. So now my entire team looks like:

Carson Palmer

Kurt Warner

David Carr

Larry Johnson

Willis McGahee

Cadillac Williams

DeShaun Foster

Torry Holt

Anquan Boldin

Antonio Gates

Dallas Clark

I know 5 of my keepers. Carson Palmer, Larry Johnson, Torry Holt, Anquan Boldin, and Antonio Gates are those 5. My dilema is who is my 2nd RB to keep? Willis McGahee or Cadillac Williams? There will not be a RB like either of them available in the draft so that really isn't an option. I am leaning towards keeping Cadillac. Any suggestions?

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 03:20 AM)
Keep Palmer and keep Johnson.  Even if Holmes comes back he will probably never be the feature back for Kansas City again.

I know 5 of my keepers. Carson Palmer, Larry Johnson, Torry Holt, Anquan Boldin, and Antonio Gates are those 5

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
I would keep Williams, he has more upside.

BTW, do you think you got a good deal out of the "2nd round pick, Jeremy Shockey, and Randy Moss for Antonio Gates" trade?  That seems like a lot for Gates, even though he is pretty dominant.

Well he upgraded his TE spot, he obviously wanted to keep quan over Moss so it makes sense in a keeper.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Well he upgraded his TE spot, he obviously wanted to keep quan over Moss so it makes sense in a keeper.

Exactly. That is exactly why I did it. I stole Moss earlier in the year when Boldin was hurt. I asked an owner what they wanted for him and he was pretty pissed with him. He told me he would take Jake Delhomme. His starting QB was Marc Bulger. I got Moss for basically nothing. Now that the season has ended and Moss had just an awful year I couldn't get much of anything for him. Looking at my team I may have, arguably, the best player at each position going into next year in Carson Palmer, Larry Johnson, Torry Holt, and Antonio Gates. Anquan Boldin is one hell of a #2 WR and Cadillac can be one hell of a #2 RB.

I also knew that I would have to overpay to get Gates away from his owner. He creates such an advantage because there is not another TE that comes close to his production consistently. Jeremy Shockey is good, but he is not Gates. A 2nd round pick as a throw in is not much. In a keeper league such as this one it is more like around the 60th pick in the draft. It took a lot to get him. I think it was a fair deal for each side.