Maurice Clarett accused of armed robbery

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 09:22 AM)
Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser were discussing this on PTI the other daym and Tony mentioned that it is widely known that Clarett was very jealous of LeBron being able to jump straight to the NBA and make all of those millions of dollars in contracts and endorsements, while he had to wait it out playing football at Ohio St.  Maurice Clarett always had a high sense of self entitlement and couldnt understand why he couldnt do the same thing, because for his entire life nobody told Maurice "No". 

I think the window of opportunity finally slammed shut on this character.  Clarett is going to end up in Sports Trivial Pursuit as the answer to this question:

"Which College Football Player screwed up his life almost as bad as Lawrence Phillips?"

Thats pretty funny about PTI, I read something about it awhile ago. This thug does not deserve another chance, but for some reason I think he will get another shot in a year or two.

while this story is certainly believable, i'll withhold my judgement until it plays out in court. already there are reports out this way that now the victims aren't "sure" it was clarett, and some even said he has a great alibi and wasn't even in columbus that night.

that's just rumor though. we just have to wait and see.

what can't be denied is that he blew it huge. anyone who's ever spent any time in columbus knows what kind of treatment former football players get. if he would have played the good soldier for another year or two, he would be a legend here.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
while this story is certainly believable, i'll withhold my judgement until it plays out in court. already there are reports out this way that now the victims aren't "sure" it was clarett, and some even said he has a great alibi and wasn't even in columbus that night.

that's just rumor though. we just have to wait and see.

what can't be denied is that he blew it huge. anyone who's ever spent any time in columbus knows what kind of treatment former football players get. if he would have played the good soldier for another year or two, he would be a legend here.

That is funny about the witnesses. They probably said they saw a guy wearing Clarett's jersey, so it must me him.

He still has some speed, so it is possible that he ran out of town really fast.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
That is funny about the witnesses.  They probably said they saw a guy wearing Clarett's jersey, so it must me him.

He still has some speed, so it is possible that he ran out of town really fast.

the story is weird.

both of the people who were robbed say they don't know clarett, but that when he was fleeing the scene someone yelled "maurice" and later claimed it was clarett. the victims' story has also fluctuated. they first said they were approached by a guy who aimed a gun at them and demanded money. now they are saying he pulled up the waistband of his pants to reveal a gun, then asked for their cell phone.

i dunno. as i said, clarett's a clown and the story is believable, but it's odd to see this much change this early. time will tell.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
the story is weird.

both of the people who were robbed say they don't know clarett, but that when he was fleeing the scene someone yelled "maurice" and later claimed it was clarett. the victims' story has also fluctuated. they first said they were approached by a guy who aimed a gun at them and demanded money. now they are saying he pulled up the waistband of his pants to reveal a gun, then asked for their cell phone.

i dunno. as i said, clarett's a clown and the story is believable, but it's odd to see this much change this early. time will tell.

What I heard on PTI was that the robbery was occurring beind of a club named Opium in the alley. The owner or manager of the club, who knew Clarett, walked outside to have a smoke and saw the robbery taking place, and immediately recognized Clarett and said "Maurice!", at which point Clarett grabbed a phone or something and jumped into the white SUV believed to be Clarett's.

I guess in the next couple months we will find out just what really happened.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/13544574.htm

Armed robbery charges are nothing to be trifled with. But, man, it's hard not to smirk at the police report and witness accounts of how Maurice Clarett ended up in a Columbus, Ohio, court Tuesday, where bail on charges of armed robbery was set at $50,000.

A man approached two people outside a nightclub, asked them to empty their pockets and lifted his shirt to show a handgun. Just then, a woman came out and said, ``Maurice!'' The robber hugged her, tried to ``shush'' her, then carried her toward a white SUV. Two witnesses later picked out Clarett's photo, and his father told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that Maurice owns a white Cadillac Escalade.

``It was the worst possible time for him to have a person he knows come out,'' Columbus police Sgt. Shaun Laird told the Plain Dealer. ``He was hugging her back and talking to her, and then he took off running down the street.''

Too bad Clarett didn't major in Pig Latin at Ohio State