Does your Church make you feel like this?

Texsox

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm I hate to break it to you, but none of those guys was even born when Jesus was alive.

I have seen your repeatedly referenced Socrates quote, which means nothing out of context.  Heck for all I know it could have been in the context of religion being important. 

Where do you get the 25% truth number?  What 25% is true, what 75% is wrong?

Site your sources for all of these numbers and revealations or they are pretty pointless.

And I am still waiting for your factual basis that priests are anymore likely to be child molestors than say daycare workers or janitors.

I noticed you couldn't still go one post without the swipe, does that mean you don't know right, because I don't see insults as doing right?  And if you don't know right, how can you be telling others what is wrong with what they believe is right?

Baruch Spinoza (born 1632 Died 1677 )..maybe someone needs to do a little research before spouting out..

AS for the other guys.. Read their works.. While doing so keep in mind your statement.. "Umm I hate to break it to you, but none of those guys was even born when Jesus was alive."

You might notice that majority of the ideas the chruch has on how to live your lives was stolen from those men..But, I am sure they never told you that. Another thing there was no such thing as "religion" In Greece during the time of the fathers of modern thought. So when I quote Socrates, please don't disrepect him like that with saying the R word.

AS for the 25 % is a rough estimate..it may be 33.56% but for the sake of simplicty, and now seeing how much you actually know on the topic I round it off.. As far as the facts behind it.. For Starters..

Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is here on earth..to treat each man and women with the same respect... But, we do not women have been treated like s*** through-out history and the chruch is a huge reason for this. I explain this one as well

When the bible was written, they (those who voted on which stories should be in their) Noticed the writing of one Aristotle who had written that their is a higharchy of the way society should be run

KINGS

Clergy (They thought that their was a higher power, they could never explain how things came to be..Charles Darwin, kind of made these people obsolete, when he proved evolution. Disproving the "God created man" theory.)

Man

Children

Slaves

Women

(I think I am missing a few, but I do know that women were on the bottom of the list.)

Becuase of this idea, the chruch latched onto it called it their own, and women were treated like s*** through-out history.. even today women are still treated as second class citizens in modern society. This is just one of the examples..

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
I didn't know that BET was around in Voltaire's time.. Who would knew that there was TV in 1700's.. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

I was talking about the guy who wrote the article. Yeah, I'll trust a guy who's e-mail moniker is "neversaydie"

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
You might notice that majority of the ideas the chruch has on how to live your lives was stolen from those men..

Actually most of them expounded on Biblical teachings. But hey, keep trying. :lolhitting

Many of these ideas are so obvious that even a "mind of his own" thinker like you could have come up with them.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
I didn't know that BET was around in Voltaire's time.. Who would knew that there was TV in 1700's.. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

:lolhitting the deliberate playing stupid ploy. Nice, kind of a rookie play, but you have to start somewhere in a trolling career.

Folks remember, you can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep™.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
I don't think he's playing Tex.

I thinking he's writing Trolling For Dummies™ I can't believe he's that dense, he owns so many books on this subject

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
Baruch Spinoza (born 1632 Died 1677 )..maybe someone needs to do a little research before spouting out..

AS for the other guys.. Read their works.. While doing so keep in mind your statement.. "Umm I hate to break it to you, but none of those guys was even born when Jesus was alive." 

You might notice that majority of the ideas the chruch has on how to live your lives was stolen from those men..But, I am sure they never told you that.  Another thing there was no such thing as "religion" In Greece during the time of the fathers of modern thought.  So when I quote Socrates, please don't disrepect him like that with saying the R word.

AS for the 25 % is a rough estimate..it may be 33.56% but for the sake of simplicty, and now seeing how much you actually know on the topic I round it off.. As far as the facts behind it.. For Starters..

Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is here on earth..to treat each man and women with the same respect... But, we do not women have been treated like s*** through-out history and the chruch is a huge reason for this. I explain this one as well

When the bible was written, they (those who voted on which stories should be in their) Noticed the writing of one Aristotle who had written that their is a higharchy of the way society should be run

KINGS

Clergy (They thought that their was a higher power, they could never explain how things came to be..Charles Darwin, kind of made these people obsolete, when he proved evolution. Disproving the "God created man" theory.)

Man

Children

Slaves

Women

(I think I am missing a few, but I do know that women were on the bottom of the list.)

Becuase of this idea, the chruch latched onto it called it their own, and women were treated like s*** through-out history.. even today women are still treated as second class citizens in modern society. This is just one of the examples..

Big huge assumption that you are making in that stuff. You are assuming that they were both the first people to write that down about morals, and then you are assuming that they didn't get the ideas from people inspired by God.

I have read works of all of the greek philosophers, I have not read the last guy obviously as I had no idea he wasn't a part of the group of people you mentioned.

You even admit that the Christian/Jewish faith did not exsist during the time of the greek philosophers so how can be used to verify the nonexsistance of something that had no bearing on them in the first place? What kind of logic is that???

And as for the actions of man on earth, I guess I will have to educate you since you haven't read anything that you are actually pontificating about here... Man is by his nature a sinful being. We have freewill and continually will sin. The fact that man has sinned proves absolutely nothing. No where in the bible does it say that once you turn to God, that you will instantly become perfect, as a matter of a fact it is the exact opposite. Man will continue to sin, and he will be held accountable for it when the reconning occurs. The churches of today are made of up man, and are therefore also fallable. When you say that the bible indicates a hireachrcy on earch, you show your biblical ignorance, because repeated we are told that EVERYONE is equal in the eyes of God. There is no such things as a human being better than another human in the bible anywhere. The old church treating women with contempt proves nothing, as it has no basis in biblical truth.

And finally there is also a huge irony in you telling me to read these guys works when you haven't even read the bible, doesn't that make you a completely disquailified to dismiss their writings, or at least that is the standard you are applying to us who haven't read who you are telling us to read. By your own standards you have no right to disqualify what is in the bible as you have never read it!

The emperor STILL has no clothes.

:lolhitting the deliberate playing stupid ploy. Nice, kind of a rookie play, but you have to start somewhere in a trolling career.

Folks remember, you can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep.

No, Voltaire was the man who originally came up with the idea of Deism, And actually Spinoza was the first to prove that the Bible itself was not the word of God, but in fact written by man.. But, hey don't let the facts get in your way of your attempt to argue this.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
:lolhitting .. See even when the truth is right there in front of you, you have been trained to say it is not.. Typical.

That took you 5 minutes to type? :lolhitting

You just don't see how your cult has brainwashed you?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)
No, Voltaire was the man who originally came up with the idea of Deism, And actually Spinoza was the first to prove that the Bible itself was not the word of God, but in fact written by man.. But, hey don't let the facts get in your way of your attempt to argue this.

:lolhitting You have been so brainwashed. How can you prove how something was inspired? :lolhitting You're killing me, I'm laughing so hard I can't catch my breath, please stop. :lolhitting

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:47 AM)
Oh man….when do pitchers and catchers report?  I think we all have cabin fever.

I have a book at home that proves there are no pitchers and catchers :lolhitting

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 13, 2006 -> 10:44 AM)

Have you ever looked into why Spinoza wrote the things that he did? Could he have had some political motivation to do it? He did not prove anything, he just attempted to subject the Bible to a type of scientific critique. Ironically it is similar to what you are doing by saying that science has proved that God does not exist. Here is a book critiqueing what Spinoza's treatise said. I suggest that you do some more reading.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/022677688...5Fencoding=UTF8

WOW, just WOW.. But here we go again.. Time to explain to MR Emperor..

Big huge assumption that you are making in that stuff.  You are assuming that they were both the first people to write that down about morals, and then you are assuming that they didn't get the ideas from people inspired by God.

You should already know this answer.. Since you have read all the works of the greek Philosophers... No where does it mention "God", a higher being yes, beucase they could not explain how we are actually here, again this was proven by Darwin.. But I am sure you tell me that Darwin was a fraud to?

I have read works of all of the greek philosophers, I have not read the last guy obviously as I had no idea he wasn't a part of the group of people you mentioned.

So you have read the works written by Socrates?

You even admit that the Christian/Jewish faith did not exsist during the time of the greek philosophers so how can be used to verify the nonexsistance of something that had no bearing on them in the first place?  What kind of logic is that???

:banghead , well now let see if I have this correct, the ideas that They came up with stolen and altered for religion has no bearing on them.. Okay, Then yes that is not logical. Glad we can sum that up..

And as for the actions of man on earth, I guess I will have to educate you since you haven't read anything that you are actually pontificating about here...  Man is by his nature a sinful being.  We have freewill and continually will sin.  The fact that man has sinned proves absolutely nothing.  No where in the bible does it say that once you turn to God, that you will instantly become perfect, as a matter of a fact it is the exact opposite.  Man will continue to sin, and he will be held accountable for it when the reconning occurs.  The churches of today are made of up man, and are therefore also fallable.  When you say that the bible indicates a hireachrcy on earch, you show your biblical ignorance, because repeated we are told that EVERYONE is equal in the eyes of God.  There is no such things as a human being better than another human in the bible anywhere.  The old church treating women with contempt proves nothing, as it has no basis in biblical truth.

:lolhitting

Keep trying on this one..one day you can get it right.

And finally there is also a huge irony in you telling me to read these guys works when you haven't even read the bible, doesn't that make you a completely disquailified to dismiss their writings, or at least that is the standard you are applying to us who haven't read who you are telling us to read.  By your own standards you have no right to disqualify what is in the bible as you have never read it!

Never finished the bible, I knew at an early age that it is nothing more than reading fairy tales, with that said. I plan to, but there is no rush to..

The emperor STILL has no clothes.

Maybe you should ask your church to buy you some?

Have you ever looked into why Spinoza wrote the things that he did?  Could he have had some political motivation to do it?  He did not prove anything, he just attempted to subject the Bible to a type of scientific critique.  Ironically it is similar to what you are doing by saying that science has proved that God does not exist.  Here is a book critiqueing what Spinoza's treatise said.  I suggest that you do some more reading.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/022677688...5Fencoding=UTF8

Wow, man all the troops are out in full force to try and defend their "things" have to show that their is purpose in their lives.. otherwise why do we exist.

Spinoza inital idea was that Jewish and Christan dogma had gotten away from Jesus's Teaching, which was 100% true.

His other ideas was that God was in fact Nature and not some magical being that watched over us.

Unfortunely I have not read all of Spinoza's works, but over time I am sure I will.