Is Buehrle hurt?

gosox41

I apologize if this has been posted, but Phil Rogers made mention of Mark today in his Sunday baseball column. He said Buehrle's arm was sore after the relief apearance in the World Series and that he may not have been able to start Game 6.

Has anyone else heard this, other then by reading Phil Rogers?

If it's true and there is some concern it makes more and more sense that the Sox trade for Vazquez and that Buerhle dropped out of the WBC.

I hope Phil is wrong on this one.

Bob

Back in the fall when this first came up, Buehrle said his sore arm was mainly due to actually having too much rest during the playoffs, not too much work. In his words, if I remember correctly, the extra time off let things heal up a bit too much. Kinda like when you take 2 weeks off and then go back to the gym for the first time.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
Back in the fall when this first came up, Buehrle said his sore arm was mainly due to actually having too much rest during the playoffs, not too much work.  In his words, if I remember correctly, the extra time off let things heal up a bit too much.  Kinda like when you take 2 weeks off and then go back to the gym for the first time.

Hermanson made a similar comment regarding his herniated discs. He said that he had adjusted to the pain they caused and that if he woke up one day and the pain was magically gone that he probably wouldn't pitch as well since he wouldn't be used to that sort of pain-free sensation.

If I'm worried about anybody on the pitching staff, it's Hermanson and his back. His return could be key to our success. Otherwise, we might need to convert a starter into a reliever.